The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 475 of 538 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485525 ... LastLast
Showing results 9,481 to 9,500 of 10744
    On the talks of Mishimoto or any aluminum radiator, very few, if not less than I can count on one hand actually support the need for anything other than a stock replacement. They begin to fall into what I consider the Brembo brake upgrade to be, which is nothing more than a cosmetic enhancement in 99% of circumstances.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    I wish I could make up a better looking shift bezel...but I would loose my airbrushing =(

here is a few that don't say much other than what I already told ya:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ight=mishimoto
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ight=mishimoto

But if you wanna know about slim-line fans:https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ight=mishimoto

but there is still another one floating around I remember looking at that had more info
    Great info but it looks like these are for the v6 im i4

wouldn't everything be the same? if not then go search up isaurio's thread...I know he has one and Im pretty sure he is 4cyl

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Experienced TGC Member
    Will do some more research. Thanks

Hey look into zap radiators. I looked on ebay real quick at aluminum rads for evos, and these looked better than most of the no name brands just in the thumbnail pic alone. So then I googled them. Seems like they've gotten good reviews in the honda community. Even looked at amazon. And I've seen on two different forums they're supposedly made by mishimoto. And on ebay their evo rad is cheaper than an actual mishimoto rad.

Might be worth looking at

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    On the talks of Mishimoto or any aluminum radiator, very few, if not less than I can count on one hand actually support the need for anything other than a stock replacement. They begin to fall into what I consider the Brembo brake upgrade to be, which is nothing more than a cosmetic enhancement in 99% of circumstances.
    is that to say that the "upgrade" doesn't actually lower the temps during normal operation?

or are you saying that the oem one does well enough to keep you at a safe temperature and you just don't "need" anything better...it may lower temps but you aren't gaining any benefit from it

or that the "better" aluminum ones run too cold and are more harmful than good? because, and please correct me if im wrong but, I was under the impression that you wanted to run as cool as you could...I know there is "too cold" but a radiator wouldn't get us that low...right?
    Last edited by demond0d5; 01-21-2015 at 11:19 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Hey look into zap radiators. I looked on ebay real quick at aluminum rads for evos, and these looked better than most of the no name brands just in the thumbnail pic alone. So then I googled them. Seems like they've gotten good reviews in the honda community. Even looked at amazon. And I've seen on two different forums they're supposedly made by mishimoto. And on ebay their evo rad is cheaper than an actual mishimoto rad.

Might be worth looking at
    Awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    is that to say that the "upgrade" doesn't actually lower the temps during normal operation?

or are you saying that the oem one does well enough to keep you at a safe temperature and you just don't "need" anything better...it may lower temps but you aren't gaining any benefit from it

or that the "better" aluminum ones run too cold and are more harmful than good? because, and please correct me if im wrong but, I was under the impression that you wanted to run as cool as you could...I know there is "too cold" but a radiator wouldn't get us that low...right?
    Well, an engine has something in it called a thermostat. It holds engine temperature to the designated temperature, then it opens allowing coolant to circulate between the engine and radiator. When it has cooled enough for the wax pellet in the thermostat to close, it repeats the cycle again.

That being said, no matter what the radiator is doing, you're going to get a cool charge of coolant regardless of the radiator if it is in good operating condition, and the thermostat will control the same temperature.

The only need for one really comes into play when engine bay temps are much higher than any stock engine in our cars can call for, or when extreme track abuse is experienced. I have been on the road course for sometimes 35-40 minutes per session and have failed to see engine temperatures come out of normal operating range with my stock replacement type radiator on 90-100 degree days. Granted, I do new coolant in the car each year, but based on my experience, a stock replacement radiator is capable of much more than 95% of our cars can throw at it (including mine up to my recent tear-down)

That's good to know, I didn't exactly how the cooling system works but yeah, I see what you're saying...unless you're keeping that sucker open all the time it's not gonna be a difference...

Cooler coolant means cooler engine when it opens up but it closes back off and will still stay closed until you hit that high end so you're not really gaining anything...right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Experienced TGC Member
    He is again correct. Was thinking o e replacements to begin with not having any engine mods. Wouldn't make it any better for me but like he said it would be more cosmetic than function, now he also mentioned the brembos also being cosmetic but to me it would be both cosmetic and functional. Im more into style than power,just my nature. Yea im strange, most people are into power and ugly. Lol. Dont get me wrong, evo swap has crossed my mind, but always backed out because its not my style. May be strange to say but proud to say the Wife is the speed demon of the family having a 400hp super charged Jack roush edition mustang and having her own GSXR1000.. Im the low and slow guy of the family:-).
    Last edited by coconut; 01-22-2015 at 10:47 AM

Experienced TGC Member
    Have some work to do.
    Upper and lower radiator hoses, heater hoses, clamps,t/stat, pcv valve, and of course radiator and cap. Never ends..p.s. went with o.e. replacement.

[IMG][/IMG]

And to keep with the topic, tonight I spent another $200 in piping, flanges, and mandrel bends. On the bright side, I now have everything I need for the turbo kit, minus the intercooler.

Experienced TGC Member
    Nice, where's the pics??!!

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Im more into style than power,just my nature. Yea im strange, most people are into power and ugly. Lol. Im the low and slow guy of the family:-).
    I hear ya loud and clear on this! I'm the same way...more or less...which is why im just now getting into performance mods.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    And to keep with the topic, tonight I spent another $200 in piping, flanges, and mandrel bends. On the bright side, I now have everything I need for the turbo kit, minus the intercooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Nice, where's the pics??!!
    Seconded! I wanna see what you and Justin have been up to out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update of my own: finally got EvoScan up and working properly, going to applebees tomorrow night with the lady so taking a back road or two to get a full pull log...last night I was able to get readings just sitting in the parking lot with a few revs. still working out what all I want to log but got a pretty decent handle on it now. gotta find out how to hook up the lc-1 but im working the front desk for a few hours tonight so thatll come in time. Still looking into ecu swaps so I can get ecuflash to work (wont read my rom) but I have until may to get that done =D

It'll be a few days for pictures. The BOV should arrive today, and the bulk item order will be at my door early next week.

^aluminum piping? what size?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Speaking of piping...which do y'all prefer of you're getting a custom setup; aluminum or stainless?
    I know ss is heavier but it's easier to weld and work with isn't it? So which would be cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I told him to get the aluminum radiator so he could be one step closer to a dohc turbo set up xD

Hotside is mild steel, and charge piping is stainless for my setup.

Washed the G. Also, if anyone is curious the lip I have is a modified 94-97 Integra Wings West Lip

Page 475 of 538 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485525 ... LastLast