The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 484 of 538 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534 ... LastLast
Showing results 9,661 to 9,680 of 10744
    Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    Make sure that you have some loctite or something holding that contraption together. Would really suck to have it rattle apart since that's really common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I used. It's not going anywhere, but either are my chances of replacing just the solenoid lol.

I have an addiction to 8G's

Experienced TGC Member
    And to add to demond info, I do believe thats a "hot" wire. Could be ugly if it rattled loose.

Got a "chrome" intake put in today. Sold the black to Nathan. Not sure if I like it more or not but oh well...it's different.

And got this in the mail...73 wires...now I have to wait on BJ to send me the galant ecu I bought few weeks back to make a conversion harness =D

Remind me again why you have 2 redtops?

I can't think of it at the moment. I know your big on audio and your alternator is strong.

I didn't think that the alt I got would be big enough for the amounts of power the system I was building at the time would need. Basically i went with 2 redtops so that on the massive drops that would pull more than the alt could handle the batteries would smooth it out.

Think of the subs as using the same "electrical pattern" as a starter but when the car is running.

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

I'm actually going to drop back down on my system at some point because I never even get close to using what I have...maybe 20% of what it's capable of :/
    I did it to say I have it...now I'm gonna go to a custom fiberglass box(s) that hug the wheel arch(s) that weigh a lot less and give me trunk space again ^.^

Then get rid of the factory located battery to make room for piping and clean up the bay a little. But all that is after I get another vehicle, maybe summer project isk

I didn't think that the alt I got would be big enough for the amounts of power the system I was building at the time would need. Basically i went with 2 redtops so that on the massive drops that would pull more than the alt could handle the batteries would smooth it out.

Think of the subs as using the same "electrical pattern" as a starter but when the car is running.

I understand all that. I understand audio quite well. I meant why not the yellow tops?

Finished! Will update with night pictures later.

Quote Originally Posted by rezyy0 View Post
    Finished! Will update with night pictures later.
    Good job...wasn't too hard right?

Prying it apart was horrible. I feel like my fingertips are gonna fall off. But yeah it was pretty easy actually lol.

Prying it apart was horrible. I feel like my fingertips are gonna fall off. But yeah it was pretty easy actually lol.
    Ya that part did suck...I know you cant wait till its gets dark lol...I was so anxious...but hopefully you sealed them back up good and if you didnt solder the connections...be sure to do it soon...or have a shop do it...had mine done for like $30 bucks...had clamps at first...not too reliable

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I understand all that. I understand audio quite well. I meant why not the yellow tops?
    Yellow tops are deep cycle. If you don't fully cycle a deep cycle then you shorten the life. I won't, and can't, use my audio with the car off. All I use the battery for is starting

Night pictures! Sorry for the glare lol.

And this is in the reflection of the car in front of me lol.

Experienced TGC Member
    Night pictures! Sorry for the glare lol.

And this is in the reflection of the car in front of me lol.
    That looks awsome!

I love some nice halos!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    That looks awsome!
    Thanks I appreciate it! It was totally worth the struggle lol.

Bought a new soldering iron today, its got a handy dandy little light on it lol I set about fixing the LED turn signal connectors cause as you guys said, they were shit. Only got the passenger side done before I got cold but the driver side area is a little more cramped by the turn signals so I feel like that will be a bit more of a hassle..

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    Bought a new soldering iron today, its got a handy dandy little light on it lol I set about fixing the LED turn signal connectors cause as you guys said, they were shit. Only got the passenger side done before I got cold but the driver side area is a little more cramped by the turn signals so I feel like that will be a bit more of a hassle..
    Remove the air box.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Remove the air box.
    Actually the mail problem is the wires are super tight, not sure why tho, but the turn signal barely goes into the slot because the wires are so tight. Is removing the air box hard or require any special tools?

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    Actually the mail problem is the wires are super tight, not sure why tho, but the turn signal barely goes into the slot because the wires are so tight. Is removing the air box hard or require any special tools?
    Just take the top part off and you should be fine. If not the bottom has 3 bolts that are 1/2 inch I think. Super easy. I just changed that bulb like 10 minutes ago lol.

Just reinstalled a stereo deck, I forgot how good these Bose stock systems are! Carry more bass than I thought.

Page 484 of 538 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534 ... LastLast