The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 485 of 538 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535 ... LastLast
Showing results 9,681 to 9,700 of 10744
    Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    Actually the MAIN* problem is the wires are super tight, not sure why tho
    saving 1" of wire may not seem like a lot to us but to an OEM that makes MILLIONS of those harnesses...it adds up. I haven't messed with it so idk if it's supposed to be short or not but since you're messing with it anyway just add in a 2" section of wire to make it better.

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Not the best pic but finally replaced my rigged intake with the cold air one. Much happier now.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post

Not the best pic but finally replaced my rigged intake with the cold air one. Much happier now.
    I would call that a cold air intake i'd call it a water catcher. but im guessing it rains allot less there than it does here lol
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

You realize how much force it takes to suck up water right??? Water is fucking heavy! And them you have the oils in/on the filters...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    You realize how much force it takes to suck up water right??? Water is fucking heavy! And them you have the oils in/on the filters...

Well while that is true ive personally seen a handful of cars damage the engine do to this... i will add that sometimes to get to where u gotta go here u basicly have to drive trough rivers the roads or so badly maintained that if it rains allot an intersection can get filled with water about a foot high

plus there is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwNtjKT_1cA
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Haha yes I love mcm...everyone knows they don't add anything for power wise but hell, they look cool imo ^.^

i agree with you there but i also think heat shields can look pritty cool aswell if done correctly
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Sealed up the water outlet with silicone, cleaned up the battery tray and mounting bracket, primed it and painted them red. Added an AUX cable to the center console compartment, picked up a dual port 12v USB cigarette lighter charger with led, going to take it apart and mount it in the center console compartment after lunch.

Currently looking at tablets, I'm thinking about custom fitting one into the dash. Anyone done this and posted pictures?

I have an addiction to 8G's

I had painted my battery try red to a loooong time ago got tired of looking at it tho so i painted it black again six months ago.
    dont remeber anyone fitting a tablet to the dash ive tought about it allot tho the only issue im haveing is the audio will only be Left right adjustible not back to front or subwoofer

MCM did it tough
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ALYArl5S4
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

I'd run it through a deck still, I'm thinking of pushing the deck to the bottom where the compartment to put stuff in(which I never put stuff in lol). I'd only use a 7 inch android tablet since I know a custom ROM is being built to port android auto into a tablet then use an NFC tag to enable WiFi hotspot when I get into the car and automatically sync the tablet to my phone for navigation, videos and all that good stuff.

I've also thought about adding custom knobs to control the speakers, maybe on the inside sides of the center console or something. But tbh, I'll probably use the deck with a 7inch tablet, maybe I could work a DVD player in replacement of the car stereo deck and still have speaker control and also have DVD capabilities.

I'll need to think about it. Thanks for the video though.

Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

There was a custom made car computer for sale a month ago. Probably still around, don't think it was sold. PM me an email or something and I can send it to the guy to contact ya

It is custom mounted to the dash and all that...you wouldn't need to fab up anything I think

saving 1" of wire may not seem like a lot to us but to an OEM that makes MILLIONS of those harnesses...it adds up. I haven't messed with it so idk if it's supposed to be short or not but since you're messing with it anyway just add in a 2" section of wire to make it better.
    That's what I did, soldered it and heat shrunk it in place and made sure the connections were solid.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Thanks Guzm4n!!!
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Swapped out for LED dome lights, connected the fog lights to the parking lights and replaced that jimmy rigged starter I had going on lol. The sound it makes when starting is blissful

Replacing the rear bearings this next week and then finally I'll be able to take a road trip to Coconuts lab for a rear drum swap and a hood.... Praise the car gods

P.S. what tools are best suited for cutting the middle part from.the front bumper, I wanna add a grill and put the license plate there. Thinking hacksaw and some fiberglass should do it tbh

Last edited by iamjparkinson; 03-01-2015 at 12:00 AM

Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Where did you get the LEDs?

Dremel tool works awesome for cutting it out!

And by coconuts lab you mean the member coco on here?

Dremel tool works awesome for cutting it out!

And by coconuts lab you mean the member coco on here?

Ah yes the Dremel, I totally forgot about that. Good looking out!

Yes sir, the great Coconut has been of solid help and been even more helpful in letting me bounce my frustrations off him in fixing a problem I had a few weeks ago lol

I make mesh grills for the upper insert. use a circular saw attachment to cut and a cylinder sanding attachment to smooth it out...super easy that way!

Good to know! Ya I'm going to run by a yard on my trip to Coco's and look for a new grill. I painted the one I have now as seen in the above picture, but it's actually cracked on the top right under the hood when closed and the mounting pieces on the back have all snapped off.

The car has been sitting for a few years and I just got back from traveling through Europe a few months ago. So this is my new hobby, I'm a huge fan of the 8g body.

Were you using mesh from home depot or did you order it?

Home Depot gutter mesh. About $3

Sweet, I was gonna go that route too.

Page 485 of 538 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535 ... LastLast