The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 488 of 538 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498 ... LastLast
Showing results 9,741 to 9,760 of 10744
    Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    Sea foamed in 1/3rds, cleaned the TB and made a license plate bracket. Not sure how I feel on the placement but it's solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You seafoamed the car? Which parts? Is one of them the throttle body?
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

1/3rd in the gas tank, 1/3rd in the crank case, 1/3rd through the vacuum line off the brake booster.
    Then I cleaned the TB with TB Cleaner and will change the plugs and oil this week.
    Unfortunately/fortunately I found oil in the plugs, so I'll have to get a VC gasket kit. Also found that my exhaust mani has a leak as white smoke plumed out when I did the sea foam, so there's another gasket to replace.
    I'd love to throw on a new header while I'm at it, but I shouldn't be spending too much right now and I'd prefer long tubes.
    Either way, it hit 170,000 today and feels pretty good. I can't wait to get the body work done/painted.

I got my VRG rear and New-style sides installed. Rattle canned the skirts so they weren't so abstract lol Also cleaned her and changed the VC gasket. Reused my stock VC bolts for the 4th time because the "new" bolts are just too darn short they don't seem to work.

I didn't physically do anything with my car but I decided I'm gonna save up for another car to be my daily driver since I wanna make my current G a project car. I'm not sure yet if I'll get another cheap G or some other cheap car but I'm leaning toward another G cause why not?

Replaced the rear passenger wheel hub assembly today, driver side tomorrow.

Getting this ready for paint

New fuel pump install today

Inspired from 4-G-Rim installed a rear diffuser and bolted/welded the rear tow hook to the chassis.

I like the tow hook, been thinking about doing something since I have nothing. Did you bolt it to the rear crash bar bolts and then weld it on the side?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Did you bolt it to the rear crash bar bolts and then weld it on the side?
    I used a tow hook bracket from an older model IS300, used a metal grinder to match the holes, bolt it on the crash bar, and weld the sides together. This would save more time if it were done at factory level but we know how Mitsu cut corners on this platform.

Removed and cleaned the carpet because they have coffee stains.

Quote Originally Posted by mdext3r View Post
    Removed and cleaned the carpet because they have coffee stains.
    You pulled the whole carpet out for some coffee stains , The only time it should be pulled is to replace it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Inspired from 4-G-Rim installed a rear diffuser and bolted/welded the rear tow hook to the chassis.
    I would love to see a tow hook like yours rotatable, were you could tuck it away when not needed but always attached.By chance do you know the capacity off the top of your head?

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Pretty neat diffuser anymore pics and what it come off of?

«Carlos»

Quote Originally Posted by iamjparkinson View Post
    You pulled the whole carpet out for some coffee stains , The only time it should be pulled is to replace it IMO.
    It's actually pretty easy to remove the carpet, only "hard" part is removing the front 2 seats
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

And that's not even hard lol

Hell the center console is almost harder

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

I removed the carpet on the GTz just to wash it, the car was new to me and for the 400 I paid for it I wasn't about to drop half the price I got the whole car for on new carpet. Used dish soap, firm brush, lots of that grease that comes in an elbow and hit it with a pressure washer (electric). Came out brand spanking new. Once it was dry I got an old bottle of cologne and went to town, let it sit for a few hours before I actually put it back. I even did the trunk linings.

Difficulty level was maybe a 3 out of 10 for everything.

My neighbor came home and parked her car, she a milf. Ain't gonna lie, I'd hit it. Anyway, She asked if I was gonna be able to it it all back together. I looked at her, let her know that she can pick out any panel from the bunch and I'll tell her where it goes and how it goes and what screws to use from the cup I had them all in.

^^^ lol I need to give my car a deep clean now that winter is mostly over and get all the salt and mud build up out of the carpet, just need the time to do it.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    Pretty neat diffuser anymore pics and what it come off of?
    Gladman Performance Fabrications
    www.gladfab.com

Quote Originally Posted by iamjparkinson View Post
    I would love to see a tow hook like yours rotatable, were you could tuck it away when not needed but always attached.By chance do you know the capacity off the top of your head?
    it's attached to the is300 bracket so it detachable. It's mainly to tow your car out if stuck in the mud/snow/lake. No towing capacity it wasn't designed for that kind of use.

Page 488 of 538 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498 ... LastLast