The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 497 of 538 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507 ... LastLast
Showing results 9,921 to 9,940 of 10744
    Considering Evo's been out for more than 13 years especially the current X running at 8 years. That's a lot of them. Next in line would be the 3000GT and the Eclipse(s).

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Considering Evo's been out for more than 13 years especially the current X running at 8 years. That's a lot of them. Next in line would be the 3000GT and the Eclipse(s).
    My problem is that mitsubishi leaves no room for other models, once the evos show up they even take up other models spaces. Theirs alotted spots for each make and you walk down that isle and its evos. It's basically a free for all. No organization at all. Toyotafest isn't like that. They make sure every make and generation has a good amount of spots so you just don't see one make at a show. That's why I feel mitsubishi needs to do some sort of registration so more eclipses, galants, Colts, and other makes show up. No point going to see 1000 evos(not a bloated number) and 2 3000gt, 3 galants, 2 colts, 1 montero, and maybe 12 eclipses.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Yes that and the base lancer gets the early worm. I'm waiting on 2021 when the 1996 Legnum VR-4 will be available for import and then go to MOD (if it still exist).

That's why me my dad and a couple other people are leaving at about 3 to get a spot

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    You know there is a factory mod in Normal, Illinois right?lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey thanks for the tag on the Tulsa one Jared, deryk and I are almost certainly gonna head down there for that! Might try to drag 6g72gearhead and jigz along too...and a guy from KC with a sick 7g but obviously anyone else around should go too! I wanna see a lot of sick rides, especially if it's someone I've seen/heard about around the forums and pages

Anyway...on to the purpose of the thread:

Got some prep work started for Deryk's (not sure if he has a username or not) 5spd swap. Master holes drilled out, clutch pedal bolted up, and the little bastard bolts on the firewall are out! Swap officially starts on Thursday morning, hopefully we can be driving it by Saturday night. That's my goal at least. Auto down and out on Thursday, manual up and in by Friday, then Saturday to verify everything is perfect and go for a spin. Not sure if it's gonna happen that quick but who knows...can't wait to find out though!

And made some progress on my bumper, starting to come together now. Actually got it bolted up to the car, oem mounting locations, and working on forming and shapes =D but of course I can't put up any pics yet...that wouldn't get enough hype up

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    I'm debating if I'm going to mod this year or should I say evofest. They really need to have some sort of registration set up for cars showing so the whole lot isn't evos. Spocom is the following week so a part of me wants to get the Acura or convertible up and show for that. ive seen on forums already that some evos will be lined up on Friday afternoon now. It's just getting ridiculous.
    Get the Acura ready. Its personally my favorite car you have. Dont be afraid to post pics of it btw lol
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Finally on and done.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Experienced TGC Member
    Dropped her off for a rocker verses curd repair and a fresh new paint job.. Hope to make it to MOD..

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    Finally on and done.
    Dude that looks great! You just need to lower that bad boy. I always wanted black wheels on a white car and as a matter of fact this past weekend I picked up the same set of wheels. 5 of them actually and 2 of them are on tires that I'm gonna remove. All 5 of them I got for $180.
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    Hey thanks for the tag on the Tulsa one Jared, deryk and I are almost certainly gonna head down there for that! Might try to drag 6g72gearhead and jigz along too...and a guy from KC with a sick 7g but obviously anyone else around should go too! I wanna see a lot of sick rides, especially if it's someone I've seen/heard about around the forums and pages

Anyway...on to the purpose of the thread:

Got some prep work started for Deryk's (not sure if he has a username or not) 5spd swap. Master holes drilled out, clutch pedal bolted up, and the little bastard bolts on the firewall are out! Swap officially starts on Thursday morning, hopefully we can be driving it by Saturday night. That's my goal at least. Auto down and out on Thursday, manual up and in by Friday, then Saturday to verify everything is perfect and go for a spin. Not sure if it's gonna happen that quick but who knows...can't wait to find out though!

And made some progress on my bumper, starting to come together now. Actually got it bolted up to the car, oem mounting locations, and working on forming and shapes =D but of course I can't put up any pics yet...that wouldn't get enough hype up

the swap shouldnt take more than 8 hours from start to finish. thats how long it took us to finish our very first swap on my friend's car.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by JDyal View Post
    Dude that looks great! You just need to lower that bad boy. I always wanted black wheels on a white car and as a matter of fact this past weekend I picked up the same set of wheels. 5 of them actually and 2 of them are on tires that I'm gonna remove. All 5 of them I got for $180.
    Nice!! Good deal. Don't tell my parents but I'm looking for coilovers lol I've been wanting to lower it for a long time now.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    the swap shouldnt take more than 8 hours from start to finish. thats how long it took us to finish our very first swap on my friend's car.
    We just finished it up tonight. He hasn't done much of anything and I am a weekend mechanic at best. We took out time to make sure everything was right the first time, sorta. And I also took the opportunity to do some explaining and teaching, with what information I could. We had a good time and that's what counts (aside from being done of course lol)

Don't worry I take forever to finish projects too, if I make a mistake I usually catch it before I get to far. If I was a real mechanic I would probably get fired the first day for being to slow lol. Your gonna love having a 5spd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trotty View Post

E85 here I come
    Sweet,that's so tight

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    Don't worry I take forever to finish projects too, if I make a mistake I usually catch it before I get to far. If I was a real mechanic I would probably get fired the first day for being to slow lol. Your gonna love having a 5spd!!
    I've been swapped for almost exactly a year now, this was another galant owner in town who is apart of our little "club" you could say...he absolutely loves it so far. We gotta figure out how to get his speedometer to work though, stupid 02/03's lol

Going with these 18 in G35 ray wheels we had laying around at my store for over a year...The GM let me take em cause he was tired of looking at em Lol...just test fitting for now...gonna paint gold before installing

Experienced TGC Member
    Gotta love working at a tire shop where you can the deals of a lifetime

Awsome...

Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post
    Going with these 18 in G35 ray wheels we had laying around at my store for over a year...The GM let me take em cause he was tired of looking at em Lol...just test fitting for now...gonna paint gold before installing

Those rims look good on it

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Gotta love working at a tire shop where you can the deals of a lifetime

Awsome...
    Ya its pretty awesome....got em wrapped in Rubbers for an amazing price as well...

Page 497 of 538 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507 ... LastLast