The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 499 of 538 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509 ... LastLast
Showing results 9,961 to 9,980 of 10744
    Jon, you are way too fucking close to that parking block!!! Car looks on point tho my dude
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

LOL! Yeh I was like an inch away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    Got around to painting the front bumper. I'm pretty satisfied. Especially for spray cans

Looks great... how did you go about prepping the bumper? Always wondered how to paint plastic bumpers

Primer, 400 grit wet send, adhesion promoter then sprayed. I got the clear coat with a catalyst in it so it came out shiny. Didn't have to wet sand/buff

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    Primer, 400 grit wet send, adhesion promoter then sprayed. I got the clear coat with a catalyst in it so it came out shiny. Didn't have to wet sand/buff

So primer right on top of the old paint?

Experienced TGC Member
    Very nice dood! Where in the heck did you find paint to match rattle can at?

She was getting aligned today

Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post
    So primer right on top of the old paint?
    I sanded the bumper as it needed some repair anyways (typically you just scuff it up). Then sandable primer, wet sand, adhesion promoter, paint and clear.

It's not the best and I definitely see more flaws in my body work. But it'll do for now before I get the whole car repainted down the road. Again, not bad for spray cans IMO

Rudy- I got it from paintscratch.com a little pricey but it's a really good match. I read reviews about that site vs the others and it seemed to be the best overall match. Even has a good amount of the Pearl mixed in.

And Bc I can't stop staring at it.

I have enough leftover to paint the grille. Might get that fitted better then give it a shot.

Looks good, nice job. As for me I didn't do it but my car has been in the shop addressing a coolant leak. They kept figuring it was coolant pipe o rings, but after replacing multiple times, now they saw it was the gasket to the water pump.

Hopefully it's fixed for good, cause I've been dealing with it since winter. They also surprised me with a new o2 sensor which cured a CEL I've had for over a year.

I stopped buying anything new for the car to save up to fix these issues, but the shop were standup guys and it was on the house since I had been dealing with the leak for a while. So if I don't see a leak for the next few weeks I'm mod hunting again lol.
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 06-07-2015 at 03:23 PM

Making some new pipes
    For a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotty View Post
    Making some new pipes
    For a customer.

The welds are so clean

Amazing welds man!

Bored on my lunch break today walking through Pull and Save. Found me some red needles. I can't stand the yellow ones.

Manual Trans will be going in shortly

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Very nice dood! Where in the heck did you find paint to match rattle can at?
    I found some on amazon too, just put in the paint code and car make, model, year, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thatfresh_kid View Post
    Manual Trans will be going in shortly
    Man I'm jealous!!!!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    I found some on amazon too, just put in the paint code and car make, model, year, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Man I'm jealous!!!!
    I thought you had a manual?

I thought you had a manual?
    Nah man, I wish.. Automatics are handy but I miss driving my dads manual Miata, driving it just feels so much better than my auto.

Nah man, I wish.. Automatics are handy but I miss driving my dads manual Miata, driving it just feels so much better than my auto.
    I feel it man autos are boring to me aha

I feel it man autos are boring to me aha
    Agreed! If my G had more power it would be better but for now I use my stereo as entertainment.

Agreed! If my G had more power it would be better but for now I use my stereo as entertainment.
    That's why I'm saving up for an evo swap or a turbo mod aha and that's cool my dad has that type of set up

Page 499 of 538 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509 ... LastLast