The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 500 of 538 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510 ... LastLast
Showing results 9,981 to 10,000 of 10744
    So now that I have wheels that clear brembos, I've finally installed them

Quote Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
    Sick

So we officially have everything to put my car to a manual transmission

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
    Beautiful...

^^^Agreed!

I uswd synchromesh and didnt like it. May I highly recommend RedLine GL4 75w-90.

On a scale of 1-10, how hard is replacing the front rotors and brake pads? It looks easy enough I just haven't done it before so I wanted your guys' opinion. The Bremos remineded me haha

Also, Im tempted to do something to my front bumper, make it look a little more like an evo.

Something like one of these maybe? Thoughts?

Edit: Not my car
    Last edited by Techn0Nut1996; 06-10-2015 at 04:21 PM
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Oak I use synchro and I haven't had any problems, although I don't really know what a "bad" gear fluid would be like...
    But Keith and Kyle/black8g both recommended redline MTL 75w90. Keith was saying synchromesh is more of an additive rather than a stand alone gear oil

Changing the front caliper/rotor is really easy. Undo your lugs, pull the wheel off. Loosen the caliper bolts that are behind the caliper, set it to the side (don't let it hang by the brake line) then remove the rotor. If it's stuck you thread a bolt into a little hole and it'll push it off. Then put the new stuff on. That's not 100% step by step but you get the point

Anyway, on to my own update:

Been working over the bumper where it meets the hood, trying to make it match up better...so far it's not too bad. The above pics are of melting the bumper and oem grill together so I can use the oem clips to hold it. Below is as it sits now:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    Oak I use synchro and I haven't had any problems, although I don't really know what a "bad" gear fluid would be like...
    But Keith and Kyle/black8g both recommended redline MTL 75w90. Keith was saying synchromesh is more of an additive rather than a stand alone gear oil

Changing the front caliper/rotor is really easy. Undo your lugs, pull the wheel off. Loosen the caliper bolts that are behind the caliper, set it to the side (don't let it hang by the brake line) then remove the rotor. If it's stuck you thread a bolt into a little hole and it'll push it off. Then put the new stuff on. That's not 100% step by step but you get the point

Anyway, on to my own update:

Been working over the bumper where it meets the hood, trying to make it match up better...so far it's not too bad. The above pics are of melting the bumper and oem grill together so I can use the oem clips to hold it. Below is as it sits now:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you sir! And my God you know how to make a man jealous haha I would love to make my own evo front end.. I cannot wait to see the finished product!

Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    Also, Im tempted to do something to my front bumper, make it look a little more like an evo.
    I have seen a lot of different "evo" styles while researching for mine...there are 2 different methods from what I can tell. ill put up some pics and talk about them from my standpoint. give me a second cuz im uploading from my phone and laptop

here is what im basing my design off of, a guy I saw on the mitsunation facebook page. this looks like he just took a JDM bumper and modified it, similar to what you're wanting to do.

This is probably the closest to what you want to do. Cut out the center, lay some fiberglass, and polish it.

This is just a photo I found

This was done by a company in Germany, they made a mold I think but I'm not sure...

this is the same as the silver one, from what I can tell, just a different color/car

this is my personal favorite out of them all, but to do this you have to remove a good portion of the structural support in the front end...that's how it is able to tuck in so close.

And then obviously mine. I have some details on my thread if you want info on it
    Last edited by demond0d5; 06-10-2015 at 09:45 PM

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

I'm leering that doing that much work on my car now wouldn't be wise.. The Iowa winter roads are slowing killing my car. I've noticed the rust spots getting far worse faster and faster, makes me sad.. I wonder what else is rusting that I can't see. In fact, I just got my car back from the shop cause I had some strange vibrations and it turns out my front passenger strut had somehow managed to rust, and mostly from the inside out.

For me the synchromesh looked very watery and thin. Gears were very notchy going in.

When I switched to Redline after only a week, it was night and day. Smooth shifts in and a quiet reverse.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    For me the synchromesh looked very watery and thin. Gears were very notchy going in.

When I switched to Redline after only a week, it was night and day. Smooth shifts in and a quiet reverse.
    I think I would have to try the redline.. I do feel the nothcyness when shifting.

Thanks bronxbombr!

Quote Originally Posted by rezyy0 View Post

Thanks bronxbombr!
    Is that a transmission?

Quote Originally Posted by Thatfresh_kid View Post
    Is that a transmission?
    It is! Finally!

It is! Finally!
    You going manual ??

You going manual ??
    That's the plan!

That's the plan!
    Tight . mines being started tomorrow hopefully

Tight . mines being started tomorrow hopefully
    Lucky! I still gotta get a clutch kit, probably the mbk1000 and find some time and help to do it.

Page 500 of 538 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510 ... LastLast