The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 508 of 538 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518 ... LastLast
Showing results 10,141 to 10,160 of 10744

Lip spoiler installed back on thursday and weathertech visors ordered yesterday

-edit- ignore blue marks at bottom..that's from trying to get the right color to draw and cover my plate in my phones gallery editor
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 08-16-2015 at 01:12 PM

Did a few different things recently.
    Painted my headlight housings, resurfaced my lenses and cut the fins out of my grille. The lights came out great, they look brand new.

I needed to get some paint on the grille because the nicked up chrome was an eyesore. I found the closest white I could find, but it wasn't quite right, so I redid it black. I don't think I like the black though.

Does it look as bad as I think it does?
    I also picked up an auto dimming mirror out of a Chrysler Concord. The 300m runs the same one. I will be wiring it this evening when its not 115deg outside

I also got some rear courtesy lights from a sebring. I will be installing those this week.
    And one last thing, the 1000 Miglia rims my buddy gave me finally arrived. Now I need to find some tires.
    Last edited by Spartan251; 08-16-2015 at 01:51 PM

White looks much better imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Go online and get some color matched spray paint that matches your paint, that would be the best imo
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Experienced TGC Member
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    Wasn't today but got the evo steering wheel on and cruise control works also took my old remote start alarm out. Sooo many freaking wires!!
    Last edited by coconut; 08-16-2015 at 10:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    Wasn't today but got the evo steering wheel on and cruise control works also took my old remote start alarm out. Sooo many freaking wires!!
    Holy crap how did you do it with the cruise. I do recall a tutorial on Evo M. I need that steering wheel (which I would have jumped on but didn't want to lose the cruise)
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Quote Originally Posted by JDyal View Post
    Holy crap how did you do it with the cruise. I do recall a tutorial on Evo M. I need that steering wheel (which I would have jumped on but didn't want to lose the cruise)
    Info is available on here in a specific build thread.

Did new rotors and pads on the daily.

'00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member
    ^Awsome!!!!

that evo wheel really flows with the dash, looks real good!

Bought a new daily. $400. Clean for the most part. Small dent on the hood and up by the line where it meets the rear bumper. And needs a new rear bumper. Interior needs a clean up. Typical cracked dash. Upper cover shows the timing belt is there but it could be broken at the bottom. Couldn't try to start it cuz the battery was dead. No rust. Minor surface rust under the air box and the same on the other side. No strut tower rust or wheel well rust. This was originally a nj car that moved to Florida then back to nj.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    Bought a new daily. $400. Clean for the most part. Small dent on the hood and up by the line where it meets the rear bumper. And needs a new rear bumper. Interior needs a clean up. Typical cracked dash. Upper cover shows the timing belt is there but it could be broken at the bottom. Couldn't try to start it cuz the battery was dead. No rust. Minor surface rust under the air box and the same on the other side. No strut tower rust or wheel well rust. This was originally a nj car that moved to Florida then back to nj.

Damn thats rare finding one with little to no rust, at least where I live. Well done.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn thats rare finding one with little to no rust, at least where I live. Well done.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Love picking up Mitsus on the cheap. But wait spdrcr, don't you already have a daily?

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Love picking up Mitsus on the cheap. But wait spdrcr, don't you already have a daily?
    I do lol. This is it

But it's black with the faded clear. I hate it. Also has rust in the engine bay. Will be swapping my coilovers along with brembos and wheels to it. Probably won't do the jdm front though. Keep it usdm and throw a lip on it.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I do lol. This is it

But it's black with the faded clear. I hate it. Also has rust in the engine bay. Will be swapping my coilovers along with brembos and wheels to it. Probably won't do the jdm front though. Keep it usdm and throw a lip on it.
    So u gonna junk the black one or sell?

It really all depends on what is wrong with the white one. I have everything to bring the black one back to stock minus the grille and headlights. But if the white one needs a motor then I'm taking it from the black one and gonna probably part out the black one and scrap it.

The white one doesn't run. Could be a broken timing belt.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    that evo wheel really flows with the dash, looks real good!
    Thank you sir.

- - - Updated - - -

It really all depends on what is wrong with the white one. I have everything to bring the black one back to stock minus the grille and headlights. But if the white one needs a motor then I'm taking it from the black one and gonna probably part out the black one and scrap it.

The white one doesn't run. Could be a broken timing belt.
    Bet that's all it is, timing belt. This is exactly how I picked the KIDS G. Got you beat, $300.00... but its wasn't as clean as yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post

Lip spoiler installed back on thursday and weathertech visors ordered yesterday

-edit- ignore blue marks at bottom..that's from trying to get the right color to draw and cover my plate in my phones gallery editor
    That lip looks good color match too. I left mine black for some contrast.
    Last edited by coconut; 08-20-2015 at 12:52 PM

It's been a fucked up 4 months or so but I finally get to do something I've wanted to since I bought the Galant. Auto decided to give out at 70 mph in the middle lane of the interstate at rush hour. It was quite interesting to say the least. Hopefully I can get everything ordered next week and knock this and all my prothane mounts out over the next week or two.

http://

It's a start. And you guys weren't kidding about the firewall bolts.

And can I take this cable out? I think it's the cable that keeps the key in the ignition when is in gear? Can't imagine it serving a purpose anymore.

And lastly, while I was under the dash unhooking the brake pedal I noticed the floor was soaking. Took out the chair and pulled the carpet back to reveal this.

Looks like someone put a jack or something around where the drain plug is. It's bulged up a little and the plug wasn't sealed. Hopefully I can save it because the rust doesn't go all the way through yet. What do you guys think.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been a fucked up 4 months or so but I finally get to do something I've wanted to since I bought the Galant. Auto decided to give out at 70 mph in the middle lane of the interstate at rush hour. It was quite interesting to say the least. Hopefully I can get everything ordered next week and knock this and all my prothane mounts out over the next week or two.

It's a start. And you guys weren't kidding about the firewall bolts.

And can I take this cable out? I think it's the cable that keeps the key in the ignition when is in gear? Can't imagine it serving a purpose anymore.

And lastly, while I was under the dash unhooking the brake pedal I noticed the floor was soaking. Took out the chair and pulled the carpet back to reveal this.

Looks like someone put a jack or something around where the drain plug is. It's bulged up a little and the plug wasn't sealed. Hopefully I can save it because the rust doesn't go all the way through yet. What do you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Thank you sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Bet that's all it is, timing belt. This is exactly how I picked the KIDS G. Got you beat, $300.00... but its wasn't as clean as yours.
    I paid 350 for a 2000 G that was overheating. Drove it to a del taco, no overheat on the way, removed the thermostat topped off with coolant and drove it 70 miles home, no problems. Cleaned it up, interior and exterior, sold it for 1500 a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewAskew View Post
    That cable I believe needs to stay, otherwise the key wont come out. I think you're supposed to pull the slack and zip tie it in place then just stash it.

Page 508 of 538 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518 ... LastLast