The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 529 of 538 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533 ... LastLast
Showing results 10,561 to 10,580 of 10744
    Quote Originally Posted by yhkwok View Post
    So I was seating in my car just parked, thought about what trougtyr just did, and realized "something I have never done and thought would be really hard to get done" is actually do-able, and then I give it a try...

And it works!! Can't wait for those long shipping from ordering online, I went to O'Reilly to get some LEDs, and now a clean and freshen shift console is ready :)

Seeing the weather is nice out there, took a few pictures

(Panasonic Lumix G7 w/ 25mm f1.7)
    I agree with big red,that's a good looking G! I see your prndl was dirty too lol I thought there was no way to clean it until I did the LED swap and realized you could just unscrew it lol. Next I'm gonna change the shifter knob to one I found online. Also,how did you get your car lit up like that?is that your dome light?
    "Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn."

And one more thing,is your roof wrapped or painted?

lol, I love how you call that piece prndl, took me a second to process then I have to agree that's the best name it could have!
    Hmm, shift knob shouldn't be too hard, I actually have a RAZO knob seating somewhere in my room, but I'm just not feeling comfortable enough to cut that white triangle, yet. Haha

Do you mean the leg area light? it is a toy I got back home in Hong Kong, made by Seiwa, a Japanese company, Seiwa F250
    Official site: http://www.seiwa-c.co.jp/products/pr....php?p_cd=F250
    Just did a quick search, it's also available on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/Seiwa-Illumin...rds=seiwa+f250

Basically, it gets power from the cigarette lighter plug, and have wires that are longer than you'll need to connect the led lights to the 4 leg area (so yes, there are 2 more below the drive and passenger seats). On the power plug, there are 4 modes you can select, off/white/blue/white+blue, I'm using white and blue now.

And I believe there's something similar you can find in Walmart or Autozone, not sure about the price though...

The roof, along with the hood is wrapped, it is what they called 3D carbon fiber wrap on eBay, I think it was like below $40 to get 120" * 60*, barely enough to cover the roof and the hood.
    Last edited by yhkwok; 02-06-2017 at 10:09 PM

Quote Originally Posted by yhkwok View Post
    lol, I love how you call that piece prndl, took me a second to process then I have to agree that's the best name it could have!
    Hmm, shift knob shouldn't be too hard, I actually have a RAZO knob seating somewhere in my room, but I'm just not feeling comfortable enough to cut that white triangle, yet. Haha

Do you mean the leg area light? it is a toy I got back home in Hong Kong, made by Seiwa, a Japanese company, Seiwa F250
    Official site: http://www.seiwa-c.co.jp/products/pr....php?p_cd=F250
    Just did a quick search, it's also available on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/Seiwa-Illumin...rds=seiwa+f250

Basically, it gets power from the cigarette lighter plug, and have wires that are longer than you'll need to connect the led lights to the 4 leg area (so yes, there are 2 more below the drive and passenger seats). On the power plug, there are 4 modes you can select, off/white/blue/white+blue, I'm using white and blue now.

And I believe there's something similar you can find in Walmart or Autozone, not sure about the price though...

The roof, along with the hood is wrapped, it is what they called 3D carbon fiber wrap on eBay, I think it was like below $40 to get 120" * 60*, barely enough to cover the roof and the hood.
    That just gave me the idea of putting courtesy lights in all my doors,you wouldn't know how to do that by chance,would you? Also I think the shift knob I was looking at was RAZO too actually I'll have to go see. I wasn't sure about cutting that white part until I did the LED swap yesterday and actually saw the piece in person,but I'll get a spare one from a junkyard just invade I mess it up. Could you post a pic of your razo?if I get the same one I'll post a video of me installing it for you

No... I don't know... I assume you are trying to run some wire to the door, probably need to take off some panels...

Oops, my bad, just realized it's not a RAZO, but a Napolex instead, Levoc LV-461,
    it's very much like the one on post #6 of this post: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ers-for-the-8G

And I believe the idea is the same, modify that triangle so that the knob can be secured, and the button mechanism will work (how ever the knob wants)... Look forward to see your report :)
    Last edited by yhkwok; 02-06-2017 at 11:10 PM

To do the courtesy lights you will have to remove the panel, run the wire from something that turns on when the doors are open (like the dome light) then install the LEDs on the bottom/ side of your door.its doable but kinda a long process. Running the wiring would be the hardest part.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Do you know exactly what wire(s) I'd tap into to get it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by trougtyr View Post
    Do you know exactly what wire(s) I'd tap into to get it to work?
    Which ever ones turn on the dome light when set to the "Door" option. Not sure which ones exactly that would be, and there might be other ones that would work too I just always though of using the dome light since it turns on only when the doors are open. You'd have to do some digging to figure out where those wires go into the dash at though, I am not sure.

These are shots from the service manual, hope it helps. The last page has a color guide at the bottom.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I've never looked at a circuit diagrams before lol I'll see f I can figure it out. Do you know if anyone has added courtesy lights in their G yet?

Do you want it to look like this?

I know it can be done. I'm sure one of the members who's been around longer than I have on this forum might of seen something, but I haven't. Try searching, that's always the best place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    Do you want it to look like this?

I know it can be done. I'm sure one of the members who's been around longer than I have on this forum might of seen something, but I haven't. Try searching, that's always the best place to start.
    Yep just like that! I searched "courtesy lights" yesterday but couldn't find anything I might just have to figure it out myself

It's not too hard to read them, the hardest part is finding the wires on the car. These will at least help figure out the power source and ground.

I'll ask my friend to explain it to me since he's pretty good with electrical stuff I'm determined to get these lights in

Just stopped by the junkyard today for the 50%off Wednesday! Found some "little pieces" and some "big and heavy pieces"

- The triangle piece between the side mirror and the tweeter frame, I found they are always broken, so I found a pair that's not damaged yet
    - Footrest, seems like my foot rest is broken somewhere, that it cannot hold force (from my right foot) in the lower part, I replaced the top plastic screw and feels like it is good again
    - The shift console bezel, since I know I'm going to the junkyard, so when I did take the bezel out earlier this week, I didn't bother to put the bezel back on, got myself a silver one today, yay!

- 3G front seat!!! After "I can't recall how long" of searching, finally I got myself a pair of 3G front seats, in satisfying condition!!!
    They're in Black leather, powered w/ SRS, off from 2 different 2003 GTS, too a little longer to remove the powered seat, have to borrow a car battery and took it to the car to power it up, man that's sooooooo
    heavy without a cart, I guess I need some workout...

Other than wiring them up in the installation, I see 2 problems with the driver's seat though.
    1. there's a small part torn apart, wonder if you guys have any suggestions on repairing that? Or should I just pay the interior guy for like $175, and maybe just replace that piece with suede? (It is the piece right where the hip seats on)
    2. The recline of the driver's seat feels not strong compared with my original one on my G, and also the passenger seat I got today, does anyone know if I could take it apart and do some adjustments?

- While calming myself to cut the airbag wire underneath the seat, I spent couple minutes to grab the STB, thought maybe someone here would love to have it, I have already posted a for sale thread, feel free to throw me any offers there :)

I'm glad I have brough some old towels with me, so I can cover up my back seat to move all these, I'm also glad that the back seat actually has enough room to fit everything, though it is really difficult to move something this big, and try not to scratch anything. I did some basic cleaning after I got home, then sit on it, and my heart melted :P so satisfied.

A picture worth thousand words, that means many pictures worth many thousands of words? lol

Started the operation today! These are what I got from the junkyard:
    -Plastic piece and screws for the seat, though I end up just using those on Galant, but I guess it's good to have them just in case

-Those 2 "triangle piece" lives between the tweeter and mirror

-Footrest, I actually just need this plastic screw, thought I would need the whole thing...

-Shift console bezel

-The main dish! Sitting in the basement

Original seats

In the empty garage

Meanwhile, I stopped by a detailing place to clean my engine bay and the new seats. Yes, I know they look fine already, but since I'm there already, why not letting the "Pros" makes the seats even better? lol

After the cleaning and raining, the operation for the passenger seat begin!! (I will leave my mechanic the driver's seat, still not comfortable with soldering...)
    Unscrewed the 4 bolts, take the old seat away, left me some emptiness...

Compare them side by side, looks like the 3G seats can also recline further, and of course, I can already feel the extra support :)

Moved my foot area led light to the 3G seat, and put the 3G seat in!!

I'm lov'in it!!! So satisfied, can't wait to put the driver's seat and the newly wrapped 3G steering wheel on, gonna be great!

That looks so clean!!

Is your e brake handle black?how do you change it? I must've searched a hundred times on how to but can never find anytging

That looks so clean!!
    Thanks! Not sure if every area has the same challenge, but it was really hard to find a pair that I finally feel good to get, many of those I saw are broken in the driver's side waist area, either it is broken or it's not supporting anymore... Or in other cases, the color just doesn't match or way too dirty. So it does take me lots of luck to get them lol

Is your e brake handle black?how do you change it? I must've searched a hundred times on how to but can never find anytging
    Yes, it is in black and that is from the 3G Eclipse. Depends on how hard the glue is inside the handle, you should be able to pull right out. I understand it may not be as easy as it sound, when I was looking for that, I did meet some Eclipse with a handle that I can't even move a tiny bit (Now I wonder if a hair blow dryer would help...). And of course, if you can't find a good one anywhere, eBay do have these (like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-05-Mitsub...item2efb603fb3)

Also, the button is an easy one, simply just unscrew it and replace that with 3G Eclipse's :)
    Last edited by yhkwok; 02-12-2017 at 01:58 AM

Ended up replacing the passenger rear hub bearing yesterday. Had like 1/8" of play. After getting the new one in, I found the nut on back of it loosened up. So much smoother and quieter now. Bearing seemed to start going out a couple days ago.

Page 529 of 538 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533 ... LastLast