The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OK I give up!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 62

OK I give up!

I took what I thought were all the screws in the bumper...and I still cant get the fucking thing off. Anyone have a diagram of where ALL the connectors are? I have the ones in the wheels wells, under the corners of the lights, and the ones under the car. What the fuck and I missing?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

behing the gril there is four

where? I see the top two...and those are broken. Where are the other two?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    for the front bumper there are 6 bolts holding it on. 2 in the wheel well, the 2 retarted 1s by the headlight and the 2 behind the grilles. if it keeps giving you issues just take a 14 and undo the 4 bolts, 2 on each side that hold the metal supports to the bumper itself not just the cover and then it will all slide out

now i have 2 ask, did you take out the turn signals? the wires are so short it wont move much with them connected
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

well when you take out the top front grille look up they should be like 4 two on both side and did you take from the crash bar and also there is like one right under the headlight

evil has a 94-96 front bumper warren not the 97-98, we only have 6 bolts holding ours
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    for the front bumper there are 6 bolts holding it on. 2 in the wheel well, the 2 retarted 1s by the headlight and the 2 behind the grilles. if it keeps giving you issues just take a 14 and undo the 4 bolts, 2 on each side that hold the metal supports to the bumper itself not just the cover and then it will all slide out

now i have 2 ask, did you take out the turn signals? the wires are so short it wont move much with them connected
    Yeah the turn signals are sitting on the floor. I removed...well...the clips in the wheel wells are broken on one side. The ones under the light I got out...so thats 4 right? I cant find whatever bolts are in the middle of the thing. The T bar is still on.....there is one bolt I can get to there either cuz its behind the radiatior....this is such a pain in the ass.

noob lol... jk kimya haha had the same prob before lol
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

so do you have a solution then? LOL I need to get this damn thing off. I need to clean up some wiring and I need to install my world specs

i think your t bar is stillholdind it but i think your crash bar is holding it try to go under and taking them out

t bar doesnt hold it at all. behind our grilles there are 2 bolts. there are only 6 bolts... pics?????
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

oh well mine does what about the crash bars there bolt holding the bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    t bar doesnt hold it at all. behind our grilles there are 2 bolts. there are only 6 bolts... pics?????
    Ok...i'll take a few in a bit

Sawzall always works too
    97 galant... Parts ordered
    07 Ford Edge...family hauler
    02 basset hound.. Low and speedy

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    oh well mine does what about the crash bars there bolt holding the bumper
    crash bar is behind the bumper cover and doesnt hold it either.

evil, do you have 6 bolts out? if not its a bolt still in there. maybe at the bottom of the bumper, there is a little plastic piece that yours may still be connected to the bumper and its connected to the radiator support and would make it not budge but mine wasnt connected
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

OK I got it off. The problem was that there were two snap screws in the top of the bumper where it sits on the crash bar. So I popped those and with some force got it off. there was a bitch of a bolt on the T-bar to get that off too....now I am cleanin up wiring and shit before I try to install the lights. One thing I notice though, mine doesnt seem to have the infamous "tab" that needs to be cut or hammerd down. I dontk know why but it doesnt look like its there. Oh and it looks like I am gonna have to take off the crash bar in order to get these damn lights in too....that will be tomorrow I guess

So here is what I got:

and then the wiring I need to do....well...not sure where to begin. I have a harness that someone made me. It fits perfectly...but I think its missing something...I'll figure that out later

get hids, do you have the connectors for the bulbs as thats how i made myharness
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

i never took off the t bar either when doing my headlights and i changed mine twice. because you have the US bumper you should have had that. maybe you got lucky
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I have connectors and I was planning on getting HIDS to put in before cuz it will be a pain in the ass to get those bulbs out later to do it. I do have connectors on my harness...but one thing I notices is that the main power (i guess) I only have on one side of the harness....I mean I dont have anything to connect the other light to the main power. At least that what it looks like...i'll have to take a picture of that later too so you can see what I mean

i did HID low beam and i didnt have to take the headlights back out or anything and the world spec bulbs just have 1 locking clip holding them in and for HIDs i get power from the battery and the plug from the passenger headlight plugs into the harness to tell them when to turn on
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast