The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OK I give up!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 62
    no no...i get that. I had HIDs setup on my OEMs. I just mean the power plug for the overall headlight setup...like I said i'll take a pic and post what I mean

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    ok. the only thing you need for power on these is the connectors for the back of the bulb with the 3 wires coming out of them. then u splice into the stock light harness by following reggies tutorial but be careful to look at the other color options that i believe popigreg posted.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

OK so here are the light connectors on the harness I have

and this is what I was talking about for power....I have two connectors in the bay like this:

and only one like this on the harness which connects to the above

so am I going to have to splice on one side? Or as long as one side is plugged in its cool....will be a complete circuit? Thanx for all the help too btw...I appreciate it

the last pic looks like a plug for the stock 9006 connector you have in the car now. so you plug your stock harness, on one side only into that connector then plug everything else into the back of the bulbs. lay out the full harness, but as long as it has 1 9006 connector then 2 h4 connectors and 2 h1 connectors your all set. also, are you just plugging ur turn signals into the corners or rewiring so they are both?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

either the bulbs are burnt out or the harness aint working. I plugged in the 9006 connector on the one side, connected all of the grounds, plugged in all the H4 and H2 connectors....and nothin. I hear a click when I turn it on and off...but I am not getting any light. So I was frustrated cuz I thought maybe I did something wrong. If what you say is true....I am guessing the bulbs are burnt out. There is something else....looks like the main power to the overall housing.... this doesnt need to be connected at all? (The white connector)

i dont even have that connector on my lights. are you going hids soon? if so hack it up and wire it like Reggie posted up or post pics of the harness or buy new H4 bulbs, ours are H4 hi/lo and i havent seen those at autozone only low beam
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I meant to tell you easiest way to take off the front bumper is to \

Jack up the car and support with jack stands
    crawl underneath and look for the 4 bolts that hold the bumper assbly in the frame of the car.
    Take off the main Tbar bolts and thats it!
    thing should slide out the frame and off the car like an oven tray.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

yeah I am gonna HID them before I install em. I just wanted to make sure all the wiring was proper BEFORE i stuck all that shit in there. I dont get how yours doesnt have that....you have world specs right?

yea i have worls specs. did you look at protos tutorial?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

did you try to turn on your high beams as well as maybe just the lowbeam part of the bulb went or was there just nothing all around?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I looked at his tutorial, but the pictures are a little fuzzy. I clicked the high beams as well and I got nothin. I am wondering if the 9006 main on the drivers side is the one I should use. I tested on the passenger side thinkin there was no difference. I'll check again today and i'll put up some more pics and quedtions if it doesnt go well.

i use the passenger side on mine for my HIDs, they both have power to them as they were for the stock headlights and there is no difference, maybe that headlight has all the bulbs dead

good luck, seems like you need it with your car
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

OK! So the harness is shit....I blew another fuse instantly. So this is what I did....let me know if you think this will work. Since power is power, I took out the stock harness connectors....this from the OEM light:

and plug into the OEM socket in the bay:

then I wanna take the original 9006 and 5 connectors to the bulbs off

and splice em to wire into the set for the H4's and H2's

Now my only question is....if I do that, all the power from the stock harmess will go to the lights perfectly....would I have to ground from the connectors at the bulbs? Or would it already be grounded due to the use of the stock harness.
    Last edited by evil-G-nius; 10-26-2010 at 09:19 PM

I believe they would already be grounded, the connectors should each have positive negative and ground wires going to it. If it doesnt than grounding will be easy

thats what I thought too. The H4's have a 3 prong setup...I will try it and if it doesnt work off stock, then i will just add a ground wire to it. Seems pretty simple.

you haven't put the lights in yet have you?

i hate to burst your bubble but the tabs/mounts are there. you have to:

A. trim the top of the crash bar just enough to slide the headlights in.

B. remove said crashbar and bend the top half of the brackets that hold the crash bar.

if you don't bend or grind down the mounts, there is no way you will fit the headlights in because they are thicker than usdm's. bent back mine barely fit in. then you reinstal the crash bar with bolts that can bolt back in. i would recommend grinding them down so you can try and mount all 4 bolts again

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

ignore the white connector on the worldspec headlights.

your going to need (2) H4 connectors and (2) whatever style connectors the high beams are.

your going to disconnect the harness from headlight to the car. ( the pics you posted) then cut the headlights half with about 4-5" of wire left on it. Make sure you identify the 3 wires from the car. High/Low/Ground.

Now you will need some wiring. decide how much wire lenght you need.
    1. Your going to run a wire from the cars ground to the ground on the H4 pigtail/connector and the H1/H2 connector.

2. Then run the cars lowbeam wire to the correct wire on the H4 pigtail/connector.

3. Run a wire from the cars High beam wire to the H4 pigtail/connector high beam wire and to the H1/H2 Highbeam wire.

this is so your headlights function prperly. the JDM 7G's have 4 high beams. The outter lights on the housing are low and high beam. the inner lights are high only.

i have a HID kit with h4 high/low and its awsome

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

I already have the front of the car torn down. I cut the tabs with a rotory cutter...piece of cake. I am only on the wiring issues right now. Our OEMs had 4 lights as well...outter low....inner highs. When I hit high beam....my lows were on too. So I want to use the stock setup for the World specs. So as I stated above, what I was gonna do is take that connector for the 9006 and 5 and switch em with the connectors for the H4 (Low only) and the H1 Highs. All I need to know is if I need to add a ground or if I am kosher with just doing the switch to the new connectors.

the best way to have them wired is to have outer to be low beams, then when you switch to high beam the outer go high and the inner go high
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

well my OEM setup was outter low....and then when I switch highs on....outters stay on low but inners turn on high. I want the same setup. ALL I wanna know is if just switching the bulb connection will work....give me the desired result

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast