The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OK I give up!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 62
    If i remember correctly this is how i did it

on the stock socket im not sure if this is how the pins are. I just used it as a reference.
    Last edited by mko; 10-27-2010 at 11:56 AM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

and if you want just low on the outer and high in the inner

God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

so it loks like it will work fine. Great

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    stock bulbs

low

high

they do the same thing ad the USDM but these have 2 parts to the outer bulb, one for the high one for the low when the USDM only has 1 bulb with 1 part but its the same light out put and i dont understand what you are trying to accomplish
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Never mind....I got it! What I wanted to know was is it possible to pull the wiring out of the OEM head lights and just cut off the 9006 connectors and put the H4 connectors on and have it work the same as OEM. It does. So my high and low beams are on the same time when I hit the HIgh beams. Thats what I wanted.

ok good job
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

chris fail's your fogs turn off with your highs, lol mine stay on and with my highs on i have 6 hid's. WIN

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Mine will be set up the same way. Fogs on the entire time and just ordered a 3000K kit for em. Just waiting for my shit. Just wired up the city lights last night....gonna work on my fog wiring today. They are not getting any power from what I can tell but I have no idea why

i have the stock fog light switch dummy, i can wire it to a seperate switch and will when i finally rewire my corners to be both and not just turn signals. i have 8k 55w hids and 3k bulbs in the fogs. looks like i need new pics!!!
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Yup you do! I am gonna run 35w 6000K Lows, 3000K fogs, and later I will maybe run 55w 8 or 10000k highs

with jdm lights the outters switch to high. that is very useful to have in dark places. i don't know why you want to keep it as low only

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i wired mine exactly as stock JDM/EDM because they function the way they should. if i have any issues i can unplug my HID's and run my stock bulbs.

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    i wired mine exactly as stock JDM/EDM because they function the way they should. if i have any issues i can unplug my HID's and run my stock bulbs.
    i did the exact same thing chris.

i love how HIDs look in the JDM and World specs
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    How come you don't have the soft glow from the H1/ high beam. the regular bulb has a coil mid shaft that lights up the housing, i always thought that was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    How come you don't have the soft glow from the H1/ high beam. the regular bulb has a coil mid shaft that lights up the housing, i always thought that was cool.
    mine used to do it. but i thought it was a wiring issue lol. i have them currently unplugged while i tidy up wiring all over the car

That glow is from the city lights I thought. I have mine wired up like the OEM setup....it was easier and it looks great IMO. My low beams stay on when my high beams are on. Plus since my fogs are wired on a seperate switch they will stay on as well. So today I figured out why my fogs weren lighting up. Someone stole my amp and they cut it out, so I unhooked the wire at the battery. Well my power to my fogs was wired in with it (no idea why) so when I unplugged it I also unplugged the fogs. So I cut that wire and cleaned it up, attached it back to the battery and BAM! Light! So now as soon as my HIDs get here I can put it all back in....I cant wait

mj23mgomez
    good job

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    That glow is from the city lights I thought. I have mine wired up like the OEM setup....it was easier and it looks great IMO. My low beams stay on when my high beams are on. Plus since my fogs are wired on a seperate switch they will stay on as well. So today I figured out why my fogs weren lighting up. Someone stole my amp and they cut it out, so I unhooked the wire at the battery. Well my power to my fogs was wired in with it (no idea why) so when I unplugged it I also unplugged the fogs. So I cut that wire and cleaned it up, attached it back to the battery and BAM! Light! So now as soon as my HIDs get here I can put it all back in....I cant wait

i never had fogs so i wired them myself on their own circuit with constant power.

see the way i have my lights set up is crazy. low beam hits just above normal. then the low beams when they switch to high hit a little higher. The inner lights are aimed way far down the road

so essentially i have close range, medium, and far all from the heads

the jdm fogs hit really far to the sides

and the actual high beam bulbs would glow. not the city lights lol. it would make the blue light on the dash kind of glow too. like a faint blue

mj23mgomez
    thats pretty good then

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast