The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2 problems

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

2 problems

Ok so it's not anything major.
    1. I have two lights on my dash that come on at night. It's my e-brake light and the battery light. I think that it may be my altinator but two auto parts stores told methat it was my battery. So of cource I bought an $80 battery. The problem stoped for a while and now it's started all over again. My theory is that the fresh battery stoped the problem and the altinator isn't able to keep it charged. I don't have the money to buy an altinator now. Does anyone have any trouble shooting tips?

2. When I take off from a stop there is a very noticable vibration. I do have an auto trans so that is probably the main problem but I don't want to do 5 speed yet and also I'm broke. It's been doing this for the entire 4 years that I have owned the car. If I take off hard it does not do it at all. I don't really know what to do about it. I have been told that it was a mount and that it's not a mount and to put this and that in the transmition. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    the brake light comes on when the brakes are on their way out as well. mine came on when the front pads were low then when my drums shit the bed and were having issues. alternators go on these and it happens. try and find a working used 1 for cheap and they are a pain to change on top of it.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Start the car,take the pos batt wire off, if the engine turns off you know then that the alt. is the problem.

For the vibration, it could be a broken engine mount, or the balanceshaft belt is broken.

your symptoms describe a bad alternator. Best way to test it? Go to autozone and have them do it for free.
    I had a bad alternator about a year ago and had the same issues.

FYI that ebrake light as you call it, is your brake light. Yes the ebrake is tied to it, but if that light ever comes on while you are driving you need to get your brakes inspected immediately, especially your hydraulics.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Ok I didn't know that that light was for the brakes as well as the ebrake. But I just had my rotors and pads canged so it would have to be in the lines or the back brakes. Considering that it only comes on at night when I have my lights on and the battery light comes on with it I don't think it's the brakes. I had autozone and advanced auto test my altinator and they both told me that my battery was bad.
    As for the vibration, I can live with it but I know that it's not the balance shaft belt because I jaust had it and my timeing belt changed.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i have a ton of used starters and altenators if you need on drop me a PM

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678