The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2G DSM Guy - Hoping you can help me out?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

2G DSM Guy - Hoping you can help me out?

I don't want to intrude on my 4-door brethren, but I figured nobody would know Galant engines better than Galant owners.

I am in the process of putting a 4G64 block in my GST and have a problem. I have a 97 Spyder GS block right now, with a mint crank. I would like a 98 Spyder block for the split thrust bearings, but am unable to locate one. My next step is to hope a Galant block will make my build complete.

I basically need to know what year Galant blocks got the split thrust bearing and what year they started flipping the motors.

Any help would be appreciated.

they started flipping them in 99 in the galant if im not mistaken so stuff before that you should be ok idk about the split thrust bearing though and welcome!
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

You came to the right place, Welcome to TGC! Unfortunately I am a 6g72 owner and don't know much about the 4g64. Best of luck!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I have a 97 Galant and it has the flanged thrust bearing, not the split. Not sure on the build date of mine, I can check in the morning for you. I know with the 2g 4g63, they switched somewhere around 6/97
    7g for life!

Yeah, I was wondering if the 98 Galant 2.4 had the split thrust bearing. I found a 98 Galant 2.4L block at salvage yard about 52 miles from here, but don't want to drive there for nothing.

the 97 spyder GS had a 4g64 engine or a 420a?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    all spyders had a 64. id think the only possibility of those bearings in a 64 is the 98-99 spyder or 98 galant.

good luck with your build man
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service