The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to run factory fogs and highbeams simultaneously

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

How to run factory fogs and highbeams simultaneously

OK so to the few of you out there with factory fog lamps I'm sure you find it annoying that every time you turn on your high-beams, your fogs turn off. This can be quite a nuisance to those running HID's in their fogs and can actually damage them.

So here is an easy tutorial for fixing this problem. It will take you about ten minutes and cost you pennies.

Tools required: Phillips screwdriver
    vampire splice/wire tap

So step one remove the trim over the instrument cluster. Two screws.

Step two remove the cover from the steering column where the turn signal and winshield wiper levers are. 4 screws, two pieces.

Once you have the cover off, unplug the connector with 7 wires. there will be 3 large gauge wires and 4 small gauge wires. cut back the electrical tape to give you room to work with.

Specifically(for the 94 Galant anyways) you want to
    you'll want to identify the fat red w/white stripe wire, and the fat black wire.

All you have to do is link these two wires together. You can solder them if you wish but its sooo much easier to just use a vampire splice to join them.

At this point you'll want to plug the connector back into the steering column and verify that your headlights/fogs/highs are working as desired.

That's it. Now just slap the trim back on and you are set. Enjoy.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    I'm assuming this is for the 8g as well rite?

Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    I really couldn't say. I'm not sure how the switch is wired up on the 8g.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    For the 8g you just have to tap the fog ground into the parking circuit ground
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    For the 8g you just have to tap the fog ground into the parking circuit ground
    I think i messaged you about this a while ago(accidently deleted it) but is there a tut on this i had found one and tried to bump it but no one replied. I wanted to tap the wires under the relay in the fuse box. but since no one replied ill settle for your way. What color are the wires im looking to connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    I think i messaged you about this a while ago(accidently deleted it) but is there a tut on this i had found one and tried to bump it but no one replied. I wanted to tap the wires under the relay in the fuse box. but since no one replied ill settle for your way. What color are the wires im looking to connect.
    I'm not exactly sure. But the best way to do it is to find the wires coming out of the tray from the relays That supply power to the fog and parking circuit. Basically you take a voltmeter to them and it'll go to 12 amps or so when you got the right ones.

PM me if you want my number. I think I might be better at explaining it that way.
    -Andrew