eclipse rear strut tower bar?

sup people i just wanted to know if a 95-99 eclipse rear strut
    tower bar fits on the 7 gen galant

and if it does how do we put it on

it fits, u just gotta modify it a little bit to attach to our rear struts

Yo-Its-Supaman-Kidz
    how do i get to the rear strut towers
    and what do i have to modify

remove ur rear seat, and then look how it is setup, someone here did it, but i dont remember who

Experienced TGC Member
    If you got more questions about this, PM Oli97GalantES:

Just got back in town the other day and catching up on some threads. I ended up returning the lower rear tie bar to OBX because it was too short to install properly. As for my rear upper BOMZ STB(bought it off of ebay for a 95-99 eclipse nonturbo), I was finally able to install it using some bolts and nuts from home depot. I had to cut a small hole in the gray plastic trunk trim pieces(the ones you see when you lower your rear seat) in order for it to fit. My STB was not a direct fit like GalantSpeed's was due to the fact that the rear dash is a lot higher from where the rear upper strut bolts sit, but with a few parts from home depot, it was able to make it work. If anybody runs itno this same problem, I am more than willing to help talk you through it. The car is now AWESOME on corners....can't wait for my rims to come!!
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

GalantSpeed
    i have a 95-99 eclipse rear strut tower bar installed. if you need pics let me know and i'll get some for you, all the mods are behind the carpet so you can't see what i did to it when the carpet is layed back over it. i think the final outcome looks pretty good.

IllestGalant
    yes please

GalantSpeed
    i'll have pics posted tomorrow for anyone who is wanting them.

Experienced TGC Member
    I dont understand what he was saying about the rear dash and stuff.. I need to see pics.

And for instructions how to acess the struts behind the seat look up my post on replacing rear struts Wrote a page on how to get to the bolts.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

GalantSpeed
    i don't know what he was saying about the rear dash being taller or whatever but i am going to post pics on how to install them rear STB.

Anyone know what website I could get it at? I have the 2g upper sway bar but I want more!!!! :twisted:
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

GalantSpeed

Quote Originally Posted by GalantSpeed View Post
    i have a 95-99 eclipse rear strut tower bar installed. if you need pics let me know and i'll get some for you, all the mods are behind the carpet so you can't see what i did to it when the carpet is layed back over it. i think the final outcome looks pretty good.
    please I need pictures how to install the rear strut tower bar, send me pictures please.

There is no need to do it, the framework around the back seat is a major structural component and acts as a brace. The Eclipse benefits from the bar because there is nothing tying the struts together up high.

better buy the rear lower bar

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    There is no need to do it, the framework around the back seat is a major structural component and acts as a brace. The Eclipse benefits from the bar because there is nothing tying the struts together up high.
    Egg Zack Lee

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....