The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ac not cold

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    slomofo

ac not cold

I just recently bought a 7g (97) and. The previous owner said the ac just needed to b recharged so today I went to the part store and got sum freon and recharged it. But it only blows out hot air I checked to see if I had any leaks with soap n water to see if saw bubbles and nothing I let it run for a good 30 mins to see if any cold air came out and nothing any suggestions on wat I need to look for that could be the culpret????

Go to pep boys pay $30 and let them do a full test on your AC. also make the person that sold the car give you back the $30.
    NOTE:where you live it may be more than $30 but its deff under $70

slomofo
    I don't trust pepboys. I've brought many of my cars there and never fix anything right. Lol well at least the closest one to me. There's a place that my dad all ways goes to and is cool with the guy so I'm more than likely going there checked my brothers ac for free. So I'm going to try my luck there..and sensors or fuses I should look for first?

slomofo
    Ok earlier I was checking sum stuff under the hood and noticed the compressor wasn't kicking on but the fans kick on so tomorrow I'm going to to test to see if its getting power or not anything I should look for other than fuses there all good mayb a relay?

I just recently bought a 7g (97) and. The previous owner said the Ac Compressor just needed to b recharged so today I went to the part store and got sum freon and recharged it. But it only blows out hot air I checked to see if I had any leaks with soap n water to see if saw bubbles and nothing I let it run for a good 30 mins to see if any cold air came out and nothing any suggestions on wat I need to look for that could be the culpret????
    Happened to me last summer. Turned out the Ac Compressor (stock) failed. Had to buy OEM from a site and had it delivered.

I had no AC for the hot summer.
    Last edited by ValiantGalant; 01-05-2011 at 05:22 PM
    I wanna be a Billionaire... so freakin' bad...