The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pleaze help me with radiator :(

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    maildennis2day

Pleaze help me with radiator :(

hi guys i installed a new radiator . When i finished i put 50/50 coolant that i bought at walmart. i got almost a gallon and it looked as it wouldnt go anymore in so closed the cap and started the engine . when i opened the cap fluid keeps coming back out . i just dont know what to do is it normal or im doing something wrong please guide me. i love my g i want restore it. please help . oh and when i lost tranny fluid i never replaced it when it got out will it damage my transmission . i really need to repark my car tommrow cause i will get a ticket:. thanx i appreciate your help

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    when i did my radiator replacement i ran the car for like 4 minutes with the heater all the way on and kept adding fluid with the cap off it would take in a little more. I also applied some pressure on the top tube and air bubbles came out i did it a few times then I filled up my resovoir closed it up took it for a 15 minutes dry and everything was done. Also when i filled it up i remember it took a little more than one gallon.

maildennis2day
    but is it supposed to return fluid and overflow? with the cap off