The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Thank god

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 43

Thank god

So i was reversing out of my house twist the wheel and i hear a clank sound,i thought i ran something over i get out look nothin,keep going and my left tire gos up inside my fender dont know if its an axle i dont really know what to do from here,if you guys could help me out and see what it is or how much its gonna cost to repair..took pics but with iphone so they came out wack

heres the part that snapped off it connects to the tire i think

I also was wondering could it be since im lowered on megan and gr2s that being lowered that much was too much weight on it?

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Dang that looks bad! Did it mess up your fender too? Wish I knew what that was, but I dont.
    Sorry bro...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

holy crap thats the ball joint mount on the control arm.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

pushed it up a little like where the little black mudguard things are...how much u think a shop would charge for it?

@jigz man idk i gotta get better pics i want my g up and running again,i freaked i felt my left side just flatten man

Just replace the control arm it looks like. Did anything else break?

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Replace the whole thing do not let a shop try to FIX the old one.
    Thank god you were in your driveway and not on the highway.
    Check the rest of your suspension for any dmg. It takes a lot to break a control arm in such a way. Ceck you other side as well.

Prices for Parts, check your year/month
    Lower control arm, galant, 2.4l, right, to 1/2/01 99-01 $141.66 $107.32
    Includes Ball Joint.
    Lower control arm, galant, 2.4l, right, from 1/3/01 01-03 $133.33 $101.01
    Includes Ball Joint.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    no everythign else seems fine imma have my mechanic check it but its impossible to move so im wondering is it an easy fix chaging it?

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    Replace the whole thing do not let a shop try to FIX the old one.
    Thank god you were in your driveway and not on the highway.
    Check the rest of your suspension for any dmg. It takes a lot to break a control arm in such a way. Ceck you other side as well.

Prices for Parts, check your year/month
    Lower control arm, galant, 2.4l, right, to 1/2/01 99-01 $141.66 $107.32
    Includes Ball Joint.
    Lower control arm, galant, 2.4l, right, from 1/3/01 01-03 $133.33 $101.01
    Includes Ball Joint.

Thanks man appreciate it,scary thing is i was driving it like 10 mins before from work and i was just leaving to go get some food it was a pain to push it back up the driveway..yeah imma have my mechanic check everything

make sure you have it flat bed towed and dont move it unless you absolutly have to without that control arm your suspension isnt aligned properly and its all compressing on itself. the control arm also helps keep your shock/strut from moving foward back left right without it you can bend them trying to roll it around.

Does your fender allways stick out that far?

Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post

Does your fender allways stick out that far?
    nope thats what happened to it the tire gace out and went back and made it stickout like that..i might get a flatbed and get it towed idk how their gonna get it on their it was a pain pulling it in the garage

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    holy hell dude

Experienced TGC Member
    Thats scary. Luckily I have two new OEM ones waiting in my garage to be put on.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    . . . . curse of the white Galants strikes again. . . . sucks bro. hope you get the car back on its feet.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    . . . . curse of the white Galants strikes again. . . . sucks bro. hope you get the car back on its feet.
    yeah tell me about it, my car caught on fire a few weeks ago.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    yeah seriously. Let's hope that when you've gotten hit once, it doesn't come back again for more lol

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Holy shit!! glad this happened while you were still home instead of on the highway or somewhere else
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Thanks guys another question i have is how can i get it towed to my mechanics shop? if they lift the front with the hook im concerned my back,muffler might get scraped on the way and idk how it can be towed fom my garage on a flatbed?..

Quote Originally Posted by 8g831 View Post
    no everythign else seems fine imma have my mechanic check it but its impossible to move so im wondering is it an easy fix chaging it?
    Yeah the control arm is bolted into two places on the unibody and to the knuckle. It's an easy fix, the ball joint stuck to the knuckle might give you a hard time though.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 8g831 View Post
    Thanks guys another question i have is how can i get it towed to my mechanics shop? if they lift the front with the hook im concerned my back,muffler might get scraped on the way and idk how it can be towed fom my garage on a flatbed?..
    if i were you, to be safe i would take off the bumpers so it doesn't mess up the paint. and maybe put like a carpet under your muffler so it doesn't scratch it up

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast