The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Thank god

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 43
    You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    yeah seriously. Let's hope that when you've gotten hit once, it doesn't come back again for more lol
    well Will got hit twice. the accident and the manifold. but then he's always racing so it was bound to break lol

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    if i were you, to be safe i would take off the bumpers so it doesn't mess up the paint. and maybe put like a carpet under your muffler so it doesn't scratch it up
    is it easy to take off the bumpers emerson?

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    well Will got hit twice. the accident and the manifold. but then he's always racing so it was bound to break lol
    GTFO! I dont race at all Jackass!!!

Rico, I would see if maybe your mechanic would be willing to do a house call, would save you alot of trouble...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    You dont even waste your money or anything. Just fix it yourself save the money for the tow and all that. The problem with towing it is this, they are gonna have to drag it up onto a flat bed if they use a flat bed, the underside of your car is gonna get all messed up. if they dont use a flat bed, they will use a wheel lift, in which case you would need to turn the car around or at least get it into the street, again, gonna cause more damage. Figure out which lower control arm you need and buy a replacement arm. You can order it online or get it locally at a NAPA, Autozone, O'reilly's etc. If you can get under the car a little with a camera, take a pic of where the lower control arm mounts to the body. We can walk you thru this, you can do it yourself and save money and more damage to the body.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    You dont even waste your money or anything. Just fix it yourself save the money for the tow and all that. The problem with towing it is this, they are gonna have to drag it up onto a flat bed if they use a flat bed, the underside of your car is gonna get all messed up. if they dont use a flat bed, they will use a wheel lift, in which case you would need to turn the car around or at least get it into the street, again, gonna cause more damage. Figure out which lower control arm you need and buy a replacement arm. You can order it online or get it locally at a NAPA, Autozone, O'reilly's etc. If you can get under the car a little with a camera, take a pic of where the lower control arm mounts to the body. We can walk you thru this, you can do it yourself and save money and more damage to the body.
    werd.

rock auto has the control arms for around $80 + shipping. Advance auto has them for around $120
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

lol for the first time the dealer is cheaper than advanced

It should be a simple fix. Invite a buddy over. Grab some brews. it shouldnt take you more than 2 hours to change. 4 hours if youre realllllly slow

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    if you were within maybe 30 minutes or maybbbbbe an hour I would go help lol. but alas, you're not, and I'm always busy now :(

Thanks guys I appreciate your help I'm seriously considering maybe doing it,imma see tomorrow look around at body shops and get quotes hopefully it's not much

You can do it!Change the other one while you're at it,and remember to get it aligned.Score the Haynes manual,a 1/2 inch drive ratchet and sockets,a prybar,hammer,and a buddy.This job requires patience and common sense,not brute strength,extensive mechanical knowledge or specialty tools.You got this.

Quote Originally Posted by 8g831 View Post
    is it easy to take off the bumpers emerson?
    its pretty easy. just dont lose any bolts. i only have 2 holding up my bumper atm lol.

this should help too: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=39350

i also have the control arms brand new so if interested hit me wit a PM

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr View Post
    i also have the control arms brand new so if interested hit me wit a PM
    dude what don't you have lol, our resident parts dealer lol.

Update: i actually got the car towed to my mechanics on a flat,had to take the lip off and it still scraped a little i need a control arm and hafshaft,anybody know any sites where i can get a good price on em imma talk to bronx right now,also i ust gotta buy the parts my mechanice gonna put them on aligment and everything after and hes gonna sand primer,bondo and paint my car all for 200

i knew it was more than the arm. glad you took it to the shop and had them look. now you know exactly whats wrong and have a clear path to fix it. If hes your reg Mechanic then 200 is a good price for all that work. unless thats suposed to be $2000......

maybe its 2,000 if he is gonna get the whole car painted

no 200 hes gonna do the work and paint my fender straighten it out paint it etc

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Are you I4 or V6? A member that's done the 5 speed probably still has their A/T halfshaft. I know I do lol

Quote Originally Posted by 8g831 View Post
    no 200 hes gonna do the work and paint my fender straighten it out paint it etc
    200 is a blessing if hes your reg mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    Are you I4 or V6? A member that's done the 5 speed probably still has their A/T halfshaft. I know I do lol
    I think hes V6.....if i get this shaft off before you need it you can have mine just pay the shipping

Thanks guys i am a v6 beam,but i need the part asap..im hoping to get the stuff before thursday friday at the latest,if you wanna sell it pm me beam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast