The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Radiator fan replacement help

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Icon9 Radiator fan replacement help

Lately I had problems with over heating when the A/C was turned on, my radiator seems fine but by fan appears to be dying, is stiffer than before and it gives poor rpms. So i decided to replace it without breaking my 80$ budget.

Ive been going around Ebay, found a couple of sets of universal fans, but i dont quiet know the fan size of my 8g, which i would believe is 12'. Also:

-whats consider a good CFM?

-would be better to get x2 lower CFM fans or one high CFM fan?

this is what i found so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Mitsubishi Galant '99
    i4
    174k trans. 30k engine
    all stock.

I'd go with the OE dual/single fan assembly... You don't wanna go cheap here man.
    -Andrew

I think you mean by OEM right? I know i shouldnt go cheap, but really thats my only budget here.
    Mitsubishi Galant '99
    i4
    174k trans. 30k engine
    all stock.

Yeah, I work for a place that sells radiators and fan assemblies, and trust me... If you go crap, then you risk possibly overheating that aluminum block we have
    -Andrew

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    you can buy OE replacement fans on ebay or buy a used one at the junk yard. if your car came stock with 2, replace with 2, if it came stock with 1, replace with one. but dont buy one of those "universal" fans that you gotta wire up and mount with zip ties, buy ones made to replace the stock one.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    you can buy OE replacement fans on ebay or buy a used one at the junk yard. if your car came stock with 2, replace with 2, if it came stock with 1, replace with one. but dont buy one of those "universal" fans that you gotta wire up and mount with zip ties, buy ones made to replace the stock one.
    Exactly, stewi... I knew that, but TOTALLY forgot. But wouldn't it better cooling if you went from a single to dual?
    -Andrew