The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help Wiring Infinity System?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22
    Coolest newb eva!

Help Wiring Infinity System?

Today at the JY I got a stock Infinity radio and amp from an 8G, and I need some help on installing it, specifically the wiring. I am going to be using the aftermarket speakers the car had already, which are pretty good.
    I've already screwed the amp under the seat and installed the HU, and connected the DIN cable between the two.

Now, what I need help is how to wire the speakers to the amp. I have part of the harness, but my car doesn't have some wires running near the seat.

What are the colors for each speaker? At this point, I will not be using the center channel and tweeters, so which are the cables that power those?

Any help will be appreciated!

if your putting the infinity into a non infinity car your gonna have to rewire all he speakers. a non infinity was wired with the speaker cables coming from the back of the radio via the harnes. the infinity system bypasses this and uses a data cable. to figure out which wires are what channel your gonna have to adjust your radio be be on front right only and attach a speaker to each color set till you find that channel then lable it. do the same for each channel FL RL RR. im not sure how it runs the tweeters so if you can wait im going to have to transfer my entire stereo system from my non-infinity02 to my infinity00 this weekend. ill let you know how its wired when i get in there

Coolest newb eva!
    Thank you so much for your help! I was afraid the first response would be "it's not worth it" :P Yeah, I realize the cables (for the front speakers at least) have no need to run near the seat in the stock system. I'll definetely be willing to wait for you to complete your swap, but I'll post any updates if I happen to make any advances.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    you really don't need to wire tweeters to the amp you can run them off the speakers the crossovers are built in....in theory if you buy one of these after market adapters for the head unit and get a extra stock radio pigtail you can essentially not have to run wires to front and rears..as you can just wire from there to the amp...but honestly idk why spend time and money on this project when in reality a full set of aftermarket speakers kill stock speakers in terms of quality and reliability

Coolest newb eva!
    I thought the tweeters run from the speakers too, but the amp to have 7 pairs of speaker wire running from it. I won't be running tweeters or the center speaker, just the four main ones, and I actually have aftermarket speakers already, it's just a matter of wiring them to the amp.

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    you really don't need to wire tweeters to the amp you can run them off the speakers the crossovers are built in....in theory if you buy one of these after market adapters for the head unit and get a extra stock radio pigtail you can essentially not have to run wires to front and rears..as you can just wire from there to the amp...but honestly idk why spend time and money on this project when in reality a full set of aftermarket speakers kill stock speakers in terms of quality and reliability
    for me i have the 70-7003 harness that plugs into the data cable. and i dont use stock anything. however i have to pull out all the stock crap to put in my after market so when i do that ill see where the wires he needs are plugged into.

His issue isnt the speakers. he has aftermarket speakers. he wants to attach the factory run wires to the infinity amp to send the sound. for him getting the wires to the amp wont be hard what he doesnt know is which wires coming out of the amp are for which speakers.
    what i was reffering to was i didnt know if the amp sent a seperate line per tweeter/mid or if it sent one line to a crossover then split from there. as far as the pigtail that wont work sisnce he got the factory infinity radio. the radio only has power ground antena and data cable in the back all the sound comes from the amp. he can use Metra 70-7002MITSUBISHI AMP BYPASS
    but that would defeat the purpose of getting the Radio/amp in the first place. the harness he needs is Metra 70-7003 MITSUBISHI AMP INTEGR HARNESS that is the one that maintains the factory amp and allows you to add amps via the DIN plug with 2 sets RCA plugs. it also comes with harness 70-7001.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    don't expect that amp to last too long then.....look up mitah adapter it allows you to run an aftermarket amp off a stock unit if thats the look you want...what I meant about the tweeters you dont have to run them from the amp you can splice them from the front speakers....alll in all im trying to tell you stock is crap especially if you want a nice output..you can keep the stock head but run an aftermarket amp with a sound processor it'll be night and day

if he does that how will the faries under his seats stay warm. no amp no winter heat.........YOUR A FARIE KILLER!!!!!!!!!!........
    Last edited by jubeiaire; 11-04-2010 at 08:38 PM

Coolest newb eva!
    LOL.... the fairies :)
    In all seriousness, I think I'd be happy with stock. I think the base radio I have with those aftermarkets bump pretty well! I'm just assuming the jump from ~30W to 210W'll be pretty drastic.

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    don't expect that amp to last too long then
    What do you mean by that? I remember reading the Infinity speakers are 2 ohms, as opposed to 4 or so in most speaker. Is that what you're referring to?

no hes saying that under constant use and play they go bad and burn out. especially at this stage in the cars years.

Coolest newb eva!
    Ahh, I see. Well, I guess that's to be expected, but I'll be happy if it gives a year of service or so.

just make sure you drop a french fry or two every now and then and the faries will keep it running smooth

Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    just make sure you drop a french fry or two every now and then and the faries will keep it running smooth
    LONG LIVE THE FAIRIES!

The ones in my car love french fries and poptart crumbs... MMMM
    -Andrew

Coolest newb eva!
    The ones in my car apparently didn't like sunflower seeds..... loads of uneaten ones were under the carpet :P

Coolest newb eva!
    All right, I have a little more info on the situation, and some new questions.
    I took the stock HU harness and hooked it up to the car, and there are about five wires that it uses. One of the diagrams I have say two of them are "not used" but I'm not sure because the radio connects to them.

Now, apparently the amp is powered from the car, and not the HU cable. Which of the cords are for power, etc, and where can I splice them into?

I figured out which of the amp cables are for the four speakers, but still want to eliminate guessing which are the tweeter/center (which I believe are the orange/blue ones) so I can forget about them since they wont be used. Even still, there are about five extra cables whose purpose I'm not too sure about.

Coolest newb eva!
    Well, I just came back from some more fiddling with the wiring.... I tried hooking up what I believe to be the power cables to the 12V cig. wires to test, but no sound came on.... is there some other cable to plug in? I'm thinking about returning to the yard and inspecting the G there.... and possibly just ripping out its harness instead.

Coolest newb eva!
    Well, it looks like I'll be attempting this install again. This time I'll be using the tweeters and center speaker, as I've found a set. Again, how do I get the amp powered on?

did you get the harness for the amp from the donor car,,, i got some pics somewhere gimmie a lil bit to find them

Coolest newb eva!
    I don't have it anymore, but I'll be going tomorrow to get it from the other car there. The center speaker also happened to be in good shape, not blown either.

Coolest newb eva!
    OK, today I was able to get the two front speakers and the head unit, so I have five of the seven speakers. I still need the amp at the least. Are the tweeters and center spliced into the fronts or run by the amp?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast