The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo or Vr4 swap?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22
    Midnight Custom's Galant

Evo or Vr4 swap?????

I'm still getting used to my G but I was wondering If i could do a Evo or Vr4 swap into an 01 galant? Also which one would be worth the money to do it all? i do plan on taking it out once in a blue moon to shut up some people once i get it all done. So basically i was wanting to know: Evo or Vr4 and price. thanks in advance :)

You have an evo swap in progress so why are you even asking?

P.S.

Also are you the same kid that started an account unforgivenautosports if not he is also a TN member with an 01 galant that asked the same question you guys should chill.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 11-04-2010 at 07:38 PM

Midnight Custom's Galant
    Yea hes one of my friends lol but I was going to do it but someone told me you could do a vr4 and i was just wondering which would be better and I thought evo would be easier to do.lol

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Custom's Galant View Post
    Yea hes one of my friends lol but I was going to do it but someone told me you could do a vr4 and i was just wondering which would be better and I thought evo would be easier to do.lol
    Neither is easy. You probably won't end up doing either.

No one has ever done the VR4 swap (to my knowledge; one tried, less expensive to buy a real VR4)

Very few have done the EVO swap.

/thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    mante78 was trying to do the vr4 swap, but as every1 knows he gave up and imported a real VR4. the EVO swap is easy as all the wiring is straightforward and many people know it. seriously build the 4g64 bottom end with an evo head. a couple members on here are running that setup with good size turbos with great results
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

what about a VVVVVVVVTTTTTEEEECCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH vroom vroom vroom .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    what about a VVVVVVVVTTTTTEEEECCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH vroom vroom vroom .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................
    VTECH = phone company
    VTEC = Honda

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    vtech = phone company
    vtec = honda
    you ruined it... Bad blue bad bad bad blue................

Midnight Custom's Galant
    Yea i just got the car not to long ago and i just got my intake and underglow on it but i think mostly im trying to do way to much to do to it. So I may just do some stuff that will make it get up and go and not do a swap thanks for the help guys.

U have lots of research to do man. We aren't gonna spoon feed you the answers. Search and read and you will learn. All the info is on here but I'm not gonna post links for you. GL
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Proto
    Or instead of being ignorant to a new comer you could say that it hasn't been done due to the amount of work required to complete such a swap, that it's been attempted but never completed, etc. Instead of just throwing "search!" at him. All of us were new at one point so don't give crap to someone where you once sat.
    Last edited by Proto; 11-04-2010 at 11:57 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Or instead of being ignorant to a new comer you could say that it hasn't been done due to the amount of work required to complete such a swap, that it's been attempted but never completed, etc. Instead of just throwing "search!" at him. All of us were new at one point so don't give crap to someone where you once sat.
    that is specifically for the vr4 swap the evo swap has been done, but there are better uses for parts of the engine.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    if you have a 4cyl you can easily throw a turbo kit together...v6 guys have a harder problem going turbo.

Yea i just got the car not to long ago and i just got my intake and underglow on it but i think mostly im trying to do way to much to do to it. So I may just do some stuff that will make it get up and go and not do a swap thanks for the help guys.
    Is that a 50 or 75 shot of underglow?

blue8g
    lol @ new guy buckin shots

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    No one has even done a swap like this, but like everyone else knows...with the money anything is possible. Ill be honest, when I found a Galant VR-4 engine in NJ I was going nuts and coming up with all these plans how I was going to swap that in my car, but after researching huh! Forget it.lol If anything and if you have money to buy the engine and for other parts and a little extra for just incase...I would say go with the Evo 8 swap. Its been done buy many people from TGC, and Club3g or you can do a DOHC head swap like others. Its really all up to you what you really want to do and what you can afford. Before you even get started I really highly recommend that you sit down for a good hour or even more and research the shit out of everything before you start going nuts.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

definitly do your research it took me 2 years to figure out all the wiring for my evo swap but getting 4x the horsepower after all was said and done it was well worth that 2 years. Also take off the street glow...that was over before the first fast n furious even came out.

I'm still getting used to my G but I was wondering If i could do a Evo or Vr4 swap into an 01 galant? Also which one would be worth the money to do it all? i do plan on taking it out once in a blue moon to shut up some people once i get it all done. So basically i was wanting to know: Evo or Vr4 and price. thanks in advance :)
    IMO, only when 1) you can take the frustration that your car breaks down quite a bit; 2) you're very experienced in engine works (so you can do the swap, and more importantly, fix the car yourself when it breaks down), you should try to perform such a serious swap.

I've heard that there is a guy in Hong Kong successfully swapped 4G63T into his 6A13TT Galant VR4 (http://auto.gznet.com/2006/2006-5-23/747938.html), so vice versa should also be feasible:

However, IMO, 4G63T is a better engine than 6A13TT, and you can also find much more aftermarket parts available to upgrade a 4G63T than a 6A13TT. So if you must do a swap, you should swap 4G63T.

Such a swap is a headache for even those very experienced mechanics. I suggest you to buy an Evo if you really want to go fast. I sent my Galant to UCS for 4G63 DOHC head swap, automatic to manual transmission swap, and customed piping for Evo turbo. It's been 11 weeks now and it may take another 11 weeks or so to get it done, because millions of minor problems occur. I hope this information can help you decide whether to do the swap or not.

^^^ Yuckies on the yellow valve cover.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbj View Post
    IMO, only when 1) you can take the frustration that your car breaks down quite a bit; 2) you're very experienced in engine works (so you can do the swap, and more importantly, fix the car yourself when it breaks down), you should try to perform such a serious swap.

I've heard that there is a guy in Hong Kong successfully swapped 4G63T into his 6A13TT Galant VR4 (http://auto.gznet.com/2006/2006-5-23/747938.html), so vice versa should also be feasible:

However, IMO, 4G63T is a better engine than 6A13TT, and you can also find much more aftermarket parts available to upgrade a 4G63T than a 6A13TT. So if you must do a swap, you should swap 4G63T.

Such a swap is a headache for even those very experienced mechanics. I suggest you to buy an Evo if you really want to go fast. I sent my Galant to UCS for 4G63 DOHC head swap, automatic to manual transmission swap, and customed piping for Evo turbo. It's been 11 weeks now and it may take another 11 weeks or so to get it done, because millions of minor problems occur. I hope this information can help you decide whether to do the swap or not.
    Dont let your own misfortune and bad experience with a swap that you yourself arent doing impact another decision to do it. I can convert an 8g from auto to manual in 6 hours flat doing it in my driveway on jackstands. As for the headswap, being generous, give that about 5 days from start to finish, really taking your time, then another 3 or 4 days to fabricate piping and what not. Thats only 2-3 weeks at best. The reason for your delay is likely because either...

A. Your car had a bunch of problems with it before you brought it in there.

B. He has a bunch of other cars being worked on and your is not a priority.

C. You keep changing your mind as to what you want/dont want

D. Your paying the guy as you go, because you dont have enough $$$ up front to do it in one shot.

Aside from that, I cannot fathom why it would take 6 months to complete a project like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast