The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sylvania Silverstar vs. Philips BlueVision (HID xenon blue)

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    2002-GeeTeeZee

Sylvania Silverstar vs. Philips BlueVision (HID xenon blue)

I'm thinking about getting one of these bulbs. Anybody have stories about the BlueVison bulbs and whether they're bluer/better than the Silverstars? Thanks.

http://www.eur.lighting.philips.com/automo...bluevision.html

http://www.sylvania.com/auto/silverstar.htm

2002-GeeTeeZee

Fast99ES
    I had the silverstars...they weren't bright enough for me...so i got some street glows instead.

Hmmmm. Search engine must be down again....

Here's one review

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5154

And Here's another

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6375
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Hmmmm. Search engine must be down again....
    lmao chip.... i love when you say that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

2002-GeeTeeZee
    Fishboy:

Thanks for the links but no mention of the Philips bulbs (per the subject of the thread). I had already done a search of the whole TGC site for the Philips BlueVision and no hits. So, anybody out there with experience with these bulbs and also how they compare to the Silverstar? Thanks again.

Senior TGC Member
    I don't actually have the bluevisions but from what I've observed first hand I'd prefer the Osram to the Phillips. Silver Star throws out tons more light, but BlueVision has that HID wannabe color to it. Depends on what you prefer, more light or more HIDish.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

2002-GeeTeeZee
    Rallifan:

Just how white/blue were the SilverStar & BlueVision? For example how do they compare to the whiteness/blueness of an Acura/BMW/Mercedes/Audi/Lexus? (From what I've seen, Mercedes is probably the blue-est with Acura the least blue, i.e., more white). Thanks.

Senior TGC Member
    I don't think any aftermarket blue bulb could ever hope to match the HID blue, simply because it's two different kinds of blue. But I guess if you couldn't tell the difference then the BlueVision kinda resembles the Lexus blue. I still prefer the SilverStars of course.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

2002-GeeTeeZee
    Thanks, Rallifan. I finally decided to go with the Silverstars. I just didn't want that "Wanabee" look to my car, I want it to have an unassuming sophisticated presence. Also, the other threads and sites (on the web ) convinced me of this. I'll tell you how they look when I get my car back (it's in the shop right now).

2002-GeeTeeZee
    Well got it from the shop a couple of weeks ago and I must say that I an HAPPY with them (Silverstars). They have the exact newest Acura look to them (even a bit whiter/hint of blue). I left the fog lights stock as it provides a good contrast and makes my headlights look even more white/hint of blue (by the way, BMW also does this as their fog lights are also very light caramel in color). Trust me I've seen those "blue HID wanabee" lights floating around and they look worse than a fake Rolex.

The Silverstar bulbs do throw out a bunch of light. I also got a cool little NASCAR car in the package, mine was Pfizer :( wanted Earnhart :)

If I had to classify the color, I would call it "Wet Ice" (You know that color where blue just eludes you) as opposed to the scotch & water look I had before, in other words OEM.