The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 12.56 on stock 4G64 block/head in 3G Eclipse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    Good one. Im next with my g. 4g64.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
    Repeated burnouts, wheelspin until 60+ mph, track launches, and abuse in general over the past 5 years, in addition to occasional bouts of wheel hop? *shrugs* Not really sure.

How many people have you seen make 400hp for extended periods of time on our trans? All the high-power 3Gs I know were having lots of problems with the transmission handling both power and RPM, stripping gears like it was the trans's job. The F5M42 just isn't made for power.

Here's a good thread about it. Scroll down far enough and you'll see how puny the 3G input shaft looks compared to the Evo input shaft:
    http://www.club3g.com/forum/rs-gs/10...ml#post2539681
    +1

Thats why once I started to make good power, I sold the 3g trans with the quaife LSD and upgraded to an EVO trans that I converted for FWD.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    +1

Thats why once I started to make good power, I sold the 3g trans with the quaife LSD and upgraded to an EVO trans that I converted for FWD.
    You made the right choice. Evo trans is next for me too. Chasing 11s with FWD/stock motor was mostly other people's dream and not my own. I'm ready to take the next step now. No point in investing time/money in a trans I don't plan on keeping

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12