The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2002 Galant Fuel Relay Question With Electrical Diagran

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    stbrian

2002 Galant Fuel Relay Question With Electrical Diagrams

Gentlemen and Ladies (if there are any here),

I am having a problem with my fuel pump relay #2 not having any source voltage for some reason, therefore my fuel pump is not working. Fuel Pump relay #1 has a 12 V source in the upper left hand corner of the circuit board. Please take a look at the electrical diagram below and let me know how to insert the jumper wire so that I can run the fuel pump when the key is in the ON position, thank you for your help.

[IMG]s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa418/stbrian/[/IMG]

[IMG]s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa418/stbrian/?action=view&current=Cir-Diagram.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa418/stbrian/?action=view&current=2009-12-01_201834_gal5.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by stbrian; 11-06-2010 at 09:03 PM

Have you tested or replaced the relays?Relays confuse me but I think there should only be one full power(12v)source.The rest should be low power signals to turn the relays on and send the voltage to its component(fuel pump in this case).I know someone here knows the answer to your question,I hope you have better luck getting a response.

Did u try another relay? I know there is one relay on the driver side that is the main one. Try to switch them. Is a black one.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

stbrian
    Yep, I tried another relay. I can hear relay #1 clicked when the key is turned to the ON position as the "Cir-Diagram.jpg" showed. However, in this position, I would expect relay #2 has a 12 V power source in one of its pin but there is none. I am not sure why and I want to jump it (may be there is a loose wire in the back somewhere). Any thought?

First fuel pump relay:

second fuel pump relay:

I mean are u sure is the fuel pump. check the conectors of the fuel pump under the back sit of the car.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

stbrian
    damn, I am not sure what's going on here. According to my diagram, the relay you have in the first picture is the AC compressor relay. The second relay you have the finger on is plugged in one square below it in my car. I am not sure if the circuit diagram I found on the internet is even correct. Let me go check in my car.
    Thanks.

stbrian
    OK, got my car fixed after moving fuel pump relay #2 up one spot as you have in the picture. Luckily, the mechanic shop has not rewired the fuel pump circuit and let me take the car back with only $90 for diagnostic fee. You could have saved me the new ECU, immobilizer, ECU reprogramming fee, and towing cost had you put the picture up earlier, but still thank you.

Hooray!!I'm glad you got it worked out!