The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Unbalanced sounding stereo.

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Icon5 Unbalanced sounding stereo.

Hi everyone,

I notice that the drivers side door speaker is not as loud as the other speakers. Also, on rainy/moist days the sound is a bit distorted from that same speaker. It has always been like that since I bought the car 5 years ago.

I do know it's not the head unit being out of balance because I've gone through three different head units, and all of them have performed the same (unbalanced sound). The balance setting is set to "Center".

I don't know what could be wrong since I'm a noob when it comes to audio systems. What do you guys think?

Extra information:
    The car apparently had a fancy sound system before I bought it. There are extra speaker wires in the dash and under the drivers seat sticking out (no amps). I just have my speakers connected the regular way (directly to the head unit).

Have you replaced the door speakers yet?

I had an issue with mine awhile back, replacing them fixed the problem. Maybe the current speaker is not properly sealed and doesn't work properly when raining.

Maybe you could use a speaker upgrade anyway? lol

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

i have a kinda similar problem i think more power is going to my passengers side i just blew it 4 the second time nd those speakers arent even amped just my backs

Make sure your door speaker wire is not exposed to puncture between the door.

swap your front door speakers and see if stays the same(left being weak) or if it changes with the swap(right becoming weak) if it changes with swap then its the speaker-buy a new set- if it doesnt change then its your Wireing. Thats a pain to rewire. not impossible just a headache if you dont know how it runs through the car.

Thanks for that great idea jubeiaire. I'll use your method to check out the problem.

@Smokey92 I think the wire that goes from the door into the car is ok but I'll check again.

Thank you everyone for your inputs. I appreciate it!

Yea replace the door speakers and adjust the balance to the front some. As for the wet weather I know my door speakers are subject to water leaking in thur the weather stripping at th windows. Thing to fix that is to try inserting or modifying the origonal plastic cover on the back of the speakers to fit your new speakers.

I think you may be right about it having a leak somewhere 01blackG. It's been raining a lot here in Southern California and on a sunny day when it stopped raining, the inside glass was fogged up. Although the carpet's and seats aren't wet.