The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Allow me to re introduce myself!!!!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 211
    that is alot of turbo hahah

ah, i plan on going to a EVO ecu just for the big evo support factor with all the different flashes for it.

We should do a meet after the winter is over, my car may look alittle better by than. I really want to see that beast in person.

haha oh yeah it is. thats why i was saying the turbo just wanted to keep going on the dyno loool. Heck yeah dude I'm down! By the time winter is over my ish should be all back together and in one piece and breaking necks ;)
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

that turbo is barely spooling at 10psi hahah, moar boost, ever thought about a smaller turbo for a faster spool?? though it wont push the CFM that the PTE does

when winter is over my ish will probably be the same, breaking my bank(not necks) haha

HAHA yeah its easy to let it want to break that bank. its an addiction!
    I had an mhi 16g, then an mhi evo3 16g, then the 6052. i prefer this turbo by far. Its a fast spooler already at 2800 im at 5lbs then at 3k im at almost 10 from what i saw today.
    When i build this block and do the head swap it will get plenty of use and i'll need that 6052.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Tune for reliable power, I wouldn't push it even up to 300hp, but that is me. Keep the car running.

I totally agree. i believe 300 is very attainable though with some tweaking here and there, but im not going to over extend the block though. I want to be able to drive it. It obviously has a preference/bias towards torque either way im going to enjoy the car regardless of number output :)

One thing to keep in mind is that i chose a 2.5" custom turboback not 3". I myself am more biased toward torque in which is reflected in my cars performance. people get exhaust size vs hp messed up a lot. if you do the math and make the chart 2.5" single exhaust will put you right at 300 hp at the crank. the threshold of that usable diameter. 3" single will land you at 400 crank also the typical threshold for that diameter.

once built then i will up the exhaust diameter. i figured no point in losing that neck whipping torque to try and reach a hp goal i will surpass when i am ready to rip it apart and build it. Also i dont need a 400whp car right out the gate. Good foundations lead to success.

I realize most people cant convert the numbers they see to the feel when driving it. 300 hp to the wheels is a lot. 300 wtq is a lot. i was stomping evos and subies and porsches and keeping up with 400 crank hp 300c's untuned. which i dont know what the untuned numbers were but the torque has raised SIGNIFICANTLY! Seriously think about it. I have the whp of Bj's built 3.5L v6 and 50 more wtq with two less cylinders and 1.1L less displacement. AND that will rise O_o
    Last edited by Ivory8g; 11-25-2010 at 01:58 PM
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

this really sits mean, crazy question im looking to do something similar on my 7g 18x8 what size tire would be suitable.
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Quote Originally Posted by Predat-R View Post
    this really sits mean, crazy question im looking to do something similar on my 7g 18x8 what size tire would be suitable.
    I'd suggest 215/40R18.

^ agreed
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Beast!

thank you sir! :)
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

was reading over my thread and realized i never told you guys that i made those numbers on a dynomite dyno if you didnt read the above portion of the picture i took of the graph.
    Mustang/Superflow/Dynomite are all load bearing dynos aka "heart breaker" dynos. They report numbers lower than the "industry standard" dynojet numbers.

I specifically sought out a load bearing dyno because they are better for tuning with the right tuner imho :)

also some information about where i went and the elevation
    Denver, CO. 5422 FT,
    1.2061 CF on the dyno
    @Racing Trenz
    Last edited by Ivory8g; 11-28-2010 at 01:28 AM
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

So due to my stupidity my car wont run with my lights on -____-
    A parking light went out and i pulled the fuse and it looked fine fun it still left it out. turned the car on and moved it pulled it over and checked to make sure the park light was still off then put the wrong bloody fuse in (a 10 instead of a 7.5) WHILE THE CAR WAS ON! stupid! stupid! stupid! Never did that before and i dont know how i did it that time without thinking. So now im throwing a p0123 throttle position sensor/ swith a circuit high input.

A code P0123 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

* TPS not mounted securely
    * TPS circuit short to ground or another wire
    * Faulty TPS
    * Damaged computer (PCM)

Fawk.

Turn the lights on and it instantly runs on 2 cylinders. And i started killing coilpacks left and right while having the car on the barely 5 minutes and idling. I pulled up the emanage software and oh guess what? my emanage is locked by the tuner. I became livid. Said goodbye to my $180 for tuning and wiped the emanage clean so i wouldnt be blowing coilpacks left and right. I'm ditching the emanage and going another route. Its going to be up for sale soon along with the boomslang harness for plug and play to the stock ecu. Its an awesome solution if you just want to run low boost and leave it at that.
    Thank goodness there is light at the end of the tunnel and Matt is going to be helping me sort it out and she'll be back up and running here in a little bit. :)
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

my heart hurts :p...You'll have her going in no time. Just a little speed bump!

mine did too....believe me. I yelled at my car LOL even though its my fault its frustrating when you put so much into it.

BUT

She's going to be fine. As you said just a bump in the road! :)
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

time to replace that nasty magnaflow i have on now. :)

Same muffler i have on the V8 Lexus and it sounds NASTY!
    Last edited by Ivory8g; 12-06-2010 at 02:58 PM
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

AEM?? i bet you cant wait for the new set-up!

Nope not aem but you're right I can't wait for the new setup
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

EVO ecu?? hahah, when you getting the lip back on??

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post

Same muffler i have on the V8 Lexus and it sounds NASTY!
    Niiiicceee! Lol! Looks good, Im sure it'll sound great too.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast