The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to: Install 97-97 Accord Mirrors on 8G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

How to: Install 94-97 Accord Mirrors on 8G

Since everyone is trying to save money I figure modifying shouldn't be an expensive sport (all the time). These mirrors can bought on www.ebaymotors.com beteen $50-60 shipped a pair or at a junkyard for low as $20/pair compared to a full jdm set for S279.00 shipped. And that's not including paint either! I'll use The F.B.I.'s M3 tutorial as a reference. This is a basic install it will not include the power folding tut. I'll add pics for those can't picture it in their minds.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage to either you or your car. This was done on a 01 Galant with a pair of OEM folding mirrors from a 94-97 Accord.

Need:

- pair 94-97 (CD5) Honda Accord mirrors
    - Rotary tool w/ drill
    - (6) 1 inch nut (10mm) w/ washers

Step 1:
    - go to the G take the door panels off you’ll see the connecter witch leads to the mirror:

Step 2:

- Take the triangle bracket it came with and a drill, your going to drill through the part where the screws are going to go in (don’t worry the mirrors will cover them up) this will make finding the holes on the car easier.
    - paint the ends of the bolt (whatever color) so you can determine where you are gonna drill without mistakes.
    - Place your bracket on the car to where you want it to sit and use the paint markings as a guide as you drill the holes with the bracket still in hand.
    - Put your door panels back on and your done!!!

Last edited by G-spot; 11-14-2010 at 01:18 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Can we get some close up pics Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1 View Post
    Can we get some close up pics Pete?

Excellent tutorial, I did this a few months ago after my driver side mirror was broken off. Here's my pictures:

Hey G-Spot, does your passenger side mirror fold in more so than the driver side? For some reason I think my driver side doesn't fold in as far as the pass. side...

maybe it's because they're aftermarket replacements..?

Quote Originally Posted by pcriso2 View Post
    Hey G-Spot, does your passenger side mirror fold in more so than the driver side? For some reason I think my driver side doesn't fold in as far as the pass. side...

maybe it's because they're aftermarket replacements..?
    There are 3 screws that held the mirror portion and the base together try disassembling it and check for any damages? It could be the locking tab being damaged that's what happened to my old jdm mirrors.

these look pretty good. you can see out of the glass just fine since its not from a lhd car right?
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Pete, are you going to write up a wiring tut??

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I was thinking of doing this but my paint is expensive :( you think all blk would be too much?

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Pete, are you going to write up a wiring tut??
    The F.B.I did a wire tut for the M3 install I'd say it's very similar to this set of mirrors.

I was thinking of doing this but my paint is expensive :( you think all blk would be too much?
    It wouldn't be if you're going on white/black 2-toned or cf hood/trunk. But then again, those would cost more than a pint of paint

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Is this for the Manual side mirrors or electric?

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Is this for the Manual side mirrors or electric?
    All the mirrors checked so far were powered.

Could I paint them myself or what?
    -Andrew

Hey I was just wondering if you could see how close of a fit these are on the 7g? I want some new mirrors but can't afford JDM.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    All the mirrors checked so far were powered.
    powered as in tilting? or power folding? lol

Quote Originally Posted by es_fact View Post
    powered as in tilting? or power folding? lol
    Power tilting. I really doubt Honda is stupid enough to put Mercedes Benz quality mirrors on their mid sized sedans lol.

so these do not power fold???

Quote Originally Posted by 98mgalant View Post
    Hey I was just wondering if you could see how close of a fit these are on the 7g? I want some new mirrors but can't afford JDM.
    Ummm..no. Why? If you compare 7G mirrors to 8G mirrors you'd notice one has more rounded edges and the other is square shaped. You want to have something that would flow with the rest of the car otherwise it would look arkward. Next time when you head out to the Junkyards bring a measuring tape with you and search for folding mirrors that are rounded in the edges and have a close fit to the 7g. Some good examples would be an older model Sentra, some Mazdas, and 1g Diamantes.

Of course if you look hard enough, there are JDM 7G mirrors floating around. Some 94-95 models were manufactured in Japan (hence the letter "J" on the VIN #) if you're lucky to find one these gems.

Well I guess your right about them not flowing but the junk yards around here suck I was looking at some mirrors and they wanted $35 each for non power non folding mirrors. And finding any 7g galants at all around here is like finding a gem. I know where one is and it's about 35 miles away one way. They charged me $45 for a window motor.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast