The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cutting Out Issues

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Cutting Out Issues

So a while ago some ass hat tried to steal my shit. Well he failed and today I went through, traced all the wires and re-connected what was cut and shit. I put in some new MB Quart 6x9's in the rear deck (Perfect fit too btw...stock grills on and the whole 9). My issue is though, I did not amp the 6x9's and now when I turn up the volume to say above 15....the radio cuts itself off and restarts. Is this because the new speakers are more powerful than the stock? I wouldnt think that if the head unit wasnt powerful enough to blast the speakers that it would cut off....I would think the other way around. Too much power to the head unit would make it cut off. What am I missing here? I need to know cuz I am gonnna try to put in my componant speakers and I wasnt planning on amping those either...not right away anyway.

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

I've been having a similar issues, after installing my aftermarket HU with stock speakers. The funny part is, it started cutting off at 23, then has been steadily going down over time and now cuts off at 19. I was thinking it's the HU, or maybe the earth is not connected? Is your earth on your HU connected?

it could laso be a heat issue. if the headunit is trying to push too much power it can overheat and turn off.

or it's just a bad groud somewhere and the vibrations make it short out

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

your ground or positive power supply wires do no conduct enough current. You need bigger gauge wires.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

One thing I forgot to mention....I wsa testing it without the car running. I may have drawn too much power from the battery. I dont have my subs or amp wired yet so I am not 100% sure whats up yet. My ground is built into the harness of my HU and its a pretty thick wire so doubt the ground is the problem. It never used to overheat or cut out before...and I had an amp and subs. I used to push that harder than I did at all yesterday. I am gonna run the car and try it again

so I did a test wire on my components and I could turn the volume up louder. I think the cutting out problem was an uneven current. The stock speakers in front weren't keeping up with the 6x9's. Now the issue is that at some higher volume levels I am getting some static popping....I am thinking I am going to have to amp these speakers. What I might just do...wire everything up and run it off the head unit until I can get both amps wired. I am doing what I can but I am getting to the end of my knowledge base wit this....I have never done this much wiring in my life. Today I mounted my components in the doors....with very little customizing...everything will look stock when all is done.

believe me, up the ground and power supply wires gauge and all problems will stop. your speakers will sound much better
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I had an identical problem when installing my deck. Found I had the speaker wires hooked up wrong. I had exchanged the deck 3 different times and it was my fault all along lol.

Anyway, It wouldn't hurt to post which colors you have going where. I've ripped my deck out a few times where the colors mean something to me now. Good luck.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

well the thing is for the harness that came with the head unit...it has a shit load of wires and only two connection points. I put on music or a dvd and turn up the volume and get some popping around 20+. The wierd thing is that my OEM speaker wires have different colors per door...WTF? So drivers door is (+) white with blue stripe and (-) is black with a blue stripe I think. And the passenger door has (+) balck with red and (-) is...idk. LOL But they aint the same. My ground is seriously a thick THICK ass wire.....largest guage I think. I'll take some pics tomorrow....you will see and maybe will shed some light for you to help me out. But thanx for the ideas of what to do...keep em coming.

Reason for the wires are different are so you know wich wire go to wich door. If you have stereo wich basicly everything is it matters wich one is right and left. The rear speakers should also have other colors for the same reason. Everything has a reason.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    the problem is the RMS any headunit puts out is around 50 watts. id check to see what the RMS wattage is on the speakers. as the volume goes up they ask for more wattage and eventually the head unit shuts off so it doesnt blow a fuse. i had the issue until i amped my 6x9s in my old galant.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service