The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lets talk natrually aspirated

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 224
    thank you i appreciate it
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    thank you i appreciate it
    Nice to have you here! thanks a lot for the info, and i cant wait to see your car dyno'd!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

I was also pondering on swapping 2.0 head from lets say hyundai's version of the 4g63. Which i believe would be one from a elantra? the G4GF?

edit: Im guessing it would have to be a sirius engine to mate up.
    Last edited by Exhaust power; 01-21-2011 at 11:42 AM

Hyundai offer a 4g63[backward] varient in other parts of the globe...not here in the US. Just stick to the G4JS....4G69 head is probable but bit an expensive route to go.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by mysticj View Post
    Hyundai offer a 4g63[backward] varient in other parts of the globe...not here in the US. Just stick to the G4JS....4G69 head is probable but bit an expensive route to go.
    Yeah just wondering it would of been a nice alternative. You 7g'ers got lucky there and i believe the 4g69 is mivec and sohc.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Question: Is it possible to RAISE compression in the 4G64 head by just having the head milled down a few notches? If so how much can you mill, what compression would you end up with, & what kind of gains can you expect to see with bolt ons? (i.e. I/H/E & Outlander IM)
    Last edited by IVORY_G; 01-21-2011 at 03:15 PM
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You would actually raise compression because there would be less space in the combustion chamber.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    You would actually raise compression because there would be less space in the combustion chamber.
    LOL! Ur right, I meant raise compression for an NA setup... Lol!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

blue8g
    ^What he said.

Thicker head gasket would drop compression

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Question: Is it possible to RAISE compression in the 4G64 head by just having the head milled down a few notches? If so how much can you mill, what compression would you end up with, & what kind of gains can you expect to see with bolt ons? (i.e. I/H/E & Outlander IM)
    I wanna say depending on how much its milled 140-165 whp. you wont see to much of a gain with out the influence of a camshaft. If you want to stay SOHC and bump up the compression more I say research the 4g94 SOHC head i believe it swaps over and the CC should be smaller there for bumping up the CR.

I would try the 4g93 DOHC but there j spec.
    Last edited by Exhaust power; 01-21-2011 at 04:07 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    I wanna say depending on how much its milled 140-165 whp. you wont see to much of a gain with out the influence of a camshaft. If you want to stay SOHC and bump up the compression more I say research the 4g94 SOHC head i believe it swaps over and the CC should be smaller there for bumping up the CR.

I would try the 4g93 DOHC but there j spec.
    Yeah Im contemplating if and when I have to get a valve job done on the head, having it milled some to bump up compression. I had also been planning on a camshaft to tie everything together, but whether I would have money to do it all @ the same time is another question.
    The 4G94 head is off the 9G Im guessing? What CR and HP are they running factory? Also would I be able to still run my Outlander IM & Header, or swap for the 4G94's?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Yeah Im contemplating if and when I have to get a valve job done on the head, having it milled some to bump up compression. I had also been planning on a camshaft to tie everything together, but whether I would have money to do it all @ the same time is another question.
    The 4G94 head is off the 9G Im guessing? What CR and HP are they running factory? Also would I be able to still run my Outlander IM & Header, or swap for the 4G94's?
    Its a 2.0 out of the 8g lancer. when i saw one at the jy i thought it was a 4g64 at first, they look identical. And i believe the IM etc should match up i havent really done research much so im not 100%. Stock CR is 9.5:1. i dont know the CC value though. Once the head swaps over theres a lot of info out there for the 4G94.

I already seen cams and intake manifold swaps between different variants. People were saying that the 4g69 head would swap over to 4g94 block so it should swap to 64 as well. but heres some info.

http://www.wheelsjamaicahost.com/whe...topic=146445.0

This is a good one.
    http://rpw.com.au/shop/index.php?opt...=276&Itemid=40
    Last edited by Exhaust power; 01-21-2011 at 04:57 PM

^Hmm, food for thought.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

I dont know what should i do for tuning i was leaning towards the MAF gen II. But im sure it cant move the rpm line. 6400 rpms max isnt going to utilize any good N/A benefits.
    But then again im stuck cause i have a 2000 ECU and i believe no one figured out how to flash them yet with the tactrix cable. Rewiring or piggy backing ECU's are out of the question since its my daily.

Second note any one think the 4g69 IM will bolt up to our SOHC?

Why not just swap in a 2001+ ECU
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

2000 ECU can be flashed via tactirx. I confirmed this with SPD_FRK the other day. It is the 99 that is unsure. but all the others can be flashed. Dont go with a piggy back as this just alters the incoming air signal. It is not a true way to tune it. Also what you may want to consider is getting a EVO Ecu as this has a pin for a knock sensor, which is a very vital key in tuning. Is logging you knock before you make adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Why not just swap in a 2001+ ECU
    I was reading some where on here that it would require me to repin some wires but im not 100% sure on that. But the 01-03 guys throw a tranny code and such so it wouldnt be a good trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    2000 ECU can be flashed via tactirx. I confirmed this with SPD_FRK the other day. It is the 99 that is unsure. but all the others can be flashed. Dont go with a piggy back as this just alters the incoming air signal. It is not a true way to tune it. Also what you may want to consider is getting a EVO Ecu as this has a pin for a knock sensor, which is a very vital key in tuning. Is logging you knock before you make adjustments
    "Rewiring or piggy backing ECU's are out of the question since its my daily"

Thanks for the info!. The evo ECU is great but its not going to happen. A simple easy cost effective tune able solution is what im looking for. Im just going to look into flashing with the tactrix.

Right now i just want to finish up the car. I was at the jy today and i had a bunch of chances/engines to pull a DOHC from.

It's weird that the 99/00 ECU have a low and high maps but no knock sensor input. I'm unsure about the 4g69 IM bolting on but the Outlander 4G64 IM is a popular upgrade. But if you still swapping to the DOHC setup, no need to swap the IM.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

I wonder if its possible to program a knock sensor software into the rom.
    Im sticking to SOHC and theres a 4g69 eclipse at the jy and e they dont bring in many foreign suvs.

you could but there is not a pin to place the knock sensor

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast