The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lets talk natrually aspirated

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Showing results 141 to 160 of 224
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    you could but there is not a pin to place the knock sensor
    In theory what if you went in and changed a function like the (automatic)shift functions and remapped them to a knock sensor. But besides that im sure i can still squeeze out some good power with out one probably be a lot harder though.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

you could, but that would take come extreme reprogramming of the ECU, possibly midifying the circuit board itself. For the hassle that it would insume it would be easier(and cheaper) to go EVO ecu. I know SPD_FRK is currently working on his own version of the boomslang harness. When i last talked to him he said it would be a fraction of the price of the Boomslang one.

you could, but that would take come extreme reprogramming of the ECU, possibly midifying the circuit board itself. For the hassle that it would insume it would be easier(and cheaper) to go EVO ecu. I know SPD_FRK is currently working on his own version of the boomslang harness. When i last talked to him he said it would be a fraction of the price of the Boomslang one.
    oic. Well i cant loose ether way when ever it comes time and the evo ecu set up is cheaper i can just swap over with out paying so much money in the first place since kept the stock ecu.

Why not import a 4G64 from Europe/Asia? The 2.4l GDi engine that is ;)
    - DOHC head
    - 11.5.1 comp
    - 2351cc
    - 225nm/3.500rpm
    - 156hp/5.500rpm
    - Direct Fuel Injection

I would say thats a good place to start. Its the same engine mounts and using the same transmission as the rest of the 4cyl engine lineup.
    Gonna swith my 2.0l 4G63 with the 2.4 4G64 GDi engine.
    Last edited by ShiZnitH; 03-07-2011 at 05:01 PM

^Maybe the head off that Galant is worth importing
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

^That would be sick. But i dont know any site who imports DOHC 4G64 at all.

Just read a few posts above.

The 4g6x head fit on 6x blocks only, and the 4g9x heads fit on 9x blocks only. Just like the 9x trans dont fit the 6x blocks

I havent seen the IM being swapped yet, from a Lancer onto a Galant, but some of the Euro guys can find some 8g 63 SOHC IM at the j/y there and offer them to you guys
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    ^Maybe the head off that Galant is worth importing
    Maybe so. The 2.4 engineblock u guys have and the GDi engine block is the the same. Im not 100% shure but i think so. U need the pistons aswell for the compression.
    Heres what it looks like. Best "pic" i could find

I have tried the GDi engine with both manual and automatic and it so smooth and powerful comapred to the 2.0l 4G63 and the 2.5l 6A13 engine. Only bad thing is that its not likin low octane fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Just read a few posts above.

The 4g6x head fit on 6x blocks only, and the 4g9x heads fit on 9x blocks only. Just like the 9x trans dont fit the 6x blocks

I havent seen the IM being swapped yet, from a Lancer onto a Galant, but some of the Euro guys can find some 8g 63 SOHC IM at the j/y there and offer them to you guys
    Thats funny cause ive read on the web that the trannys bolt up the same and they share the same engine code f5m42. But people have said the head wouldnt swap over but i havent seen any real proof just words.

Couple of minutes ago i was reading about the 4g69 IM and some guys where saying a evo 8 IM can swap over. Im doing research on it now but In theory a 4G69 IM should work on a 64.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    I have tried the GDi engine with both manual and automatic and it so smooth and powerful comapred to the 2.0l 4G63 and the 2.5l 6A13 engine. Only bad thing is that its not likin low octane fuel.
    Im pretty sure that engine would be really responsive to N/A mods. Im going to look around to see if i can find any lol.

1 of the best engine i ever tryed actually!
    When im gonna do the engine swap im gonna experiment with it

The problem with putting the Gdi head on or motor, is the wiring behind it. For the cost to import it, do the custom wiring, and ECU mapping of it would exceed a small turbo build, or even a built RPW N/A.

I amsure there are different sensors on that motor, due to the way the combustion chamber is setup there would be alot of work involved

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    2000 ECU can be flashed via tactirx. I confirmed this with SPD_FRK the other day. It is the 99 that is unsure. but all the others can be flashed. Dont go with a piggy back as this just alters the incoming air signal. It is not a true way to tune it. Also what you may want to consider is getting a EVO Ecu as this has a pin for a knock sensor, which is a very vital key in tuning. Is logging you knock before you make adjustments
    The 99 ECU can be flashed. I just ordered my Tactrix 2.0 cable on Friday. jmath99v6 was able to read and write to his 99 ECU.

ah okay, i wasnt sure. Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    The 99 ECU can be flashed. I just ordered my Tactrix 2.0 cable on Friday. jmath99v6 was able to read and write to his 99 ECU.
    sweeet lol

The problem with putting the Gdi head on or motor, is the wiring behind it. For the cost to import it, do the custom wiring, and ECU mapping of it would exceed a small turbo build, or even a built RPW N/A.

I amsure there are different sensors on that motor, due to the way the combustion chamber is setup there would be alot of work involved
    You know this for a fact? if any body can speak upon this swap would theshiznit.
    But you could be right.

The throttle house is electronic and so is the gas pedal. So u need some wiring there. FOr the rest u only need the ECU and the mechanical parts.

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    So the GDi 4G64's are drive by wire?

Sent from my Blackberry Curve 3G using Tapatalk.
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

its possible to use put a knock sensor on the 8g... the 3g eclipse come with a knock sensor... its going to take some work (not hard) tho. you can find the ecu pins on evom.net get the knock sensor from a wrecking yard wire it up and then flash the eclipse rom into your ecu. its really not as hard as it sounds once you have a grasp on what your doing.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast