The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Buying a galant

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Buying a galant

hi everyone im new. i want to buy a galant but im still deciding. i dont like the little power it offers compared to my past car (acura legend) but im completely in love with the look of the car. and i guess it is pretty powerful still but anyway. i wanted to ask everyone which year is the best to get? im interested in 7 or 8G galant. that body looks amazing. and which is most reliable and also im interested in one tht has leather interior. some help would b greatly appreciated. thank you.

Well I have a 7g galant and I love it. As far as the leather I would think that it would be really hard to find one with nice leather it will probably be ratted out. Your best bet would be to look for a 5 speed because the autos seem to fail alot. My 7g has almost 200,000 and it's still runing strong with the original transmition but Im easy on my car so it all depends on how you treat it. I personaly would not want an 8g not that there is anything wrong with them. I like the looks of them just not for me. My advice for you would be to just go and test drive some 7 and 8g and see what fits you. Good luck with your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

Just another thought on G7. My old G7 had 370000 km on it with the original transmission on. The car is still running smooth now with new owner. It had a hard life while i had it, but the gearbox seems strong as hell. Mind you, this was a 1.8 eudm G7.

I remember my G when I first bought it on the mid 90's. Was top of the line back then. My first mod was a Bumper... after a motorcycle hit my bumber while I was parked.

My G is still running this 2011... along with some maintenance over the years.
    Last edited by ValiantGalant; 01-05-2011 at 05:25 PM
    I wanna be a Billionaire... so freakin' bad...

i own a 1994 mitsubishi galant gs 5 speed and i love it.my 7g galant is my baby.my car is reliable i treat it well and it treats me well.leather would be hard to find but if you really want leather you can get custom interior.

I have a 96 Galant S. Mine has had some issues but it was a learning experience. I have had my car for over 12 years now and I still love it. When I cant drive it I miss it. It is not a power house, but it is a fun ass car to drive. With the right mods this car is a total sleeper. The 8G has more of an aftermarket support, but the 7G is special, it takes more creativity to mod these and thus (for me) more satisfying when someone else appreciates it

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i have had 2 7g galant a 95 and a 96, both with minimal problems. i have had my current 96 galant since 2007 and i will tell you, they may seem like they dont have power but remember how light they are( under 3000 pounds) and there are tons of things you can end up doing to them. 8gs are the same thing but weigh more, but they do have a v6 option but they are pretty expensive. pick up a clean 7g for around 2k and u will be all set. mine is daily driven and ive put on 70k miles in 4 years and only had to replace the normal things nothing major and i 5 speed swapped mine cuz i wanted to not cuz the tranny failed and my stock motor has 183000 miles still kickin strong.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

like the previouse 2 guys stated the 7g is a desired love, both cars are reliable and not to expensive to maintain. The 7g platform is where i reside currently make it ur own and have fun doing it.
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project