The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: IS this an 8G, and if so...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 32
    Tiller

IS this an 8G, and if so...

would this bumper fit on a US spec 8G...? I love the grill on that thing, and the chin spoiler makes all the difference in the world...!

Senior TGC Member
    I really doubt it without modifications...I believe that's one of the JDM bumpers. I wanted to get one, but I didn't know where to get a grille and how to get them to fit on USDM models.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

newsobe
    thats a jdm bumper, u will need a bunch of mods.

Anonymous
    you know actually i bet i could make that lip fit, cuz it doesnt go into the vents like the super vr4 lip...it could be done without too much trouble

Tiller
    damn, i at least want that fuckin lip...!!!

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>Search through this post:https://www.thegalantcenter.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=001278</div>

:thumbsup: nice link... i'll check into that later...!

Tiller
    ehhhh... that sucked... what ever happened to that buy...?

Wasn't that your "buddy"... djplay...?

umm... the lip would have to be customized but that shouldn't be too bad. as for the bumper... same as putting on a kit w/ custom mounting points and some filling. the grill will be about 2 inches too narrow for US spec and will not clip in directly unless you have the JDM lights which it clips to (US spec clips at all points to the metal behind the grill, JDM clips to the metal and headlights w/ a few modifications including cutting a new monting hole in for the lower center clip). i have the same grill in gunmetal chrome.

lip won't be that easy to install either. besides the jdm bumper having a different contour than the us spec, the overall length is different it either like a inch too shor or too big something like that. i think short and yea you got to mod up the lip to do that

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Supernova

Re: IS this an 8G, and if so...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>would this bumper fit on a US spec 8G...? I love the grill on that thing, and the chin spoiler makes all the difference in the world...!

</div>

Lemmie say one thing... thats a bad car. I love the Lancer racing stripe.

UK Adieu
    I'd have to say it looks rather like the uk spec VR4, but then again i think the UK spec Sports kit is better...

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UK Adieu)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'd have to say it looks rather like the uk spec VR4, but then again i think the UK spec Sports kit is better...</div>

how about a pic of that...?

Tiller
    figures, it would be friggen too much work to hook my shit up like that... I'm not all about hacking and cutting, sawing, dremeling, epoxying, and that other crap...

:x

UK Adieu
    and the estate don't look to bad either...

UK Adieu
    might be my next mod, but then i have got a uk car, just wondering if i can get the price down from £202+vat+spary and fit.....(for only the front bumper)

Tiller

that's a sweet front end...!

Tiller

damn, they got sporttronic and the interior looks twice as nice as ours...

Tiller
    looks like a MOMO sterring wheel too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast