The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: THROTTLE Body

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    asalem97

THROTTLE Body

sorry guys I know this has been asked before but what exactly must be done to swap on the 1g throttle body. do you need to swap anything else like sensors or something. I found one on ebay and really want to do this swap to compliment my cai.

Experienced TGC Member
    I was the one who came up with the swap dont know if anyone else did it yet I know some people emailed me think thats as far as they went lol.. check my website tells you every little detailed step I did with pics and graphs from my datalogger.

If you do it soon i'd like to know what you think of the cars response I was pleased.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Kain is working on a mod-free version...have no clue how that is going though
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Last I spoke to him I dont think it was "mod free" The only difference was that his TB would be from an NA car so it had the elbow section built in. No need for a soup can lol. Still have to swap IAC's and block off part of the chanel.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

i c, so 1g nt tb = 60mm? and has the elbow built in? i might hafta get one on monday when i go to the junkyard. im so freaking broke and my galant is so slow right now, i just need a lil pep to hold me over

/me is eyeing a 14b turbo with 02 housing($50 hopefully muwah!), exhaust mani gasket, polished fuel rail, and a 1g head all at once.

/me needs 3 more jobs...
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth
    i c, so 1g nt tb = 60mm? and has the elbow built in? i might hafta get one on monday when i go to the junkyard. im so freaking broke and my galant is so slow right now, i just need a lil pep to hold me over

/me is eyeing a 14b turbo with 02 housing($50 hopefully muwah!), exhaust mani gasket, polished fuel rail, and a 1g head all at once.

/me needs 3 more jobs...
    well i need A job. lol

The elbow is BUILT IN, and according to kain it is 60mm. But you have to watch what years you pick up. Some years the IAC is casted as part of the TB and will not work for you cause uh..you cant pull the IAC off to swap. You'll have to ask Kain what years I dont remember its in my PM's somewhere..
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

haha, well im going to the junkyard on monday, surely they will have a few 1g nt cars...what i am really looking for is a 2g turbo 5spd, 1g turbo, and a galant 5spd...haha i dont think my junkyard will fit my needs
    7g for life!

Kain
    Sheesh, I go away for a week and people already start talking behind my back... Yes, the later ('93,'94) 1g N/A 2.0L TB should be a hasstle free swap. (I think...still waiting for it to arrive) It's 60mm and supposedly otherwise identical to the 52mm Galant TB. It has no "elbow" rather, it has a straight lip like the Galant TB. As soon as the right TB arrives I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Experienced TGC Member
    But Kain the more important aspect of the swap is the IAC...so do you know if they are the same? Somehow I doubt it but I guess we'll wait and see
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

spyderdude24
    I have a 1G NA TB from a 92 and the ISC looks like a seperate piece.
    If I could only get this last damn rusted screw off...

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spyderdude24)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a 1G NA TB from a 92 and the ISC looks like a seperate piece.
    If I could only get this last damn rusted screw off...</div>

If you can get big pliers not needle nose ones, and grab the head of it and crack it loose. Otherwise....dremel the head off!
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

hah i took a drill bit to all of em cept 1 :oops:
    7g for life!