The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: getting rid of the 8g wheel gap

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 41

getting rid of the 8g wheel gap

so I searched up but couldn't find anything specific. What is the best way of getting rid of the gap or rise I guess in the front end of the 8g? Im guessing a good set of coilovers, any set in particular?

blue8g
    Most people like the Tein or KSport coilovers

Another option are lowering springs

Search there's a million threads on it

I checked out the Tien Stech, it seems good to me but im thinking that if I install all four it will drop too much in the back. Do you recommend installing just the front or not?

negitary ghost rider, the lowering springs comes with four for a reason... plus they be different spring rates than your stock springs... if you want the same fender gap on all four wheels, and adjustability go with coilovers...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    nah dont mix springs...only time youll have a real issue with too low in the back is when you have low offset wheels and they rub

I figured it wouldn't be a smart thing lol. So those springs on the stock strut would work?

Not for very long...the stock shocks will blow out in no time. Best bet is to get KYB AGX's all around with the springs

Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
    I checked out the Tien Stech, it seems good to me but im thinking that if I install all four it will drop too much in the back. Do you recommend installing just the front or not?
    definitely not install the same suspension all around or your rebound and spring compression rates will be off and compromise handling.

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    definitely not install the same suspension all around or your rebound and spring compression rates will be off and compromise handling.
    understood, definitely not doing that. So is anyone on here running that setup? the stechs with the kyb's?

blue8g
    that's what I had.

Look at my sig.

definitely looks good man, im gonna look into investing in them.

All the kits im looking at say they are for the v6, will they work for my 4 cylinder?

kinda ot, but my mom asked me friday why my car sat so high in the front, i told her thats how its came factory and she didnt belive me, then she said the rear is lower, how do you fix it, i told her to lower it, so she goes"why dont you just raise the rear to even it out" she doesnt want me to lower it haha

But back on topic, you can get coilovers, and leave the rear higher than the front, since they are adjustable you arent limited in what you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    kinda ot, but my mom asked me friday why my car sat so high in the front, i told her thats how its came factory and she didnt belive me, then she said the rear is lower, how do you fix it, i told her to lower it, so she goes"why dont you just raise the rear to even it out" she doesnt want me to lower it haha

But back on topic, you can get coilovers, and leave the rear higher than the front, since they are adjustable you arent limited in what you can do.
    My pops said the same thing, and he didn't get the whole lowering thing either, but yea i don't know much about coilovers are they more or less complicated to install?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post

Galant with a lift kit lmao

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

I'm rocking the tein + agx. pretty happy with the comfort over stock.
    but the gr2s are cheaper (and I think they have a better drop)
    coilovers will run you more but they'll give you the best drop of the three.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    I have k sport coilovers, I love them. They are smooth and handle amazing. You can adjust the height to what you like and also the dampening and camber.

I got teins and agx there good but im going lower. The teins left me with 3 finger gap in the front and 2 in the rear. Get coilovers If you want performance and perfect looks!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
    My pops said the same thing, and he didn't get the whole lowering thing either, but yea i don't know much about coilovers are they more or less complicated to install?
    My mom had a boyfriend with a chevelle who put a bigger tire in the rear and she said he raised the rear.

from the one install i have done i would say so, as you dont have to compress any springs or seat the spring, all you have to do is unbolt the three bolts on the top(for the front) the two from the bottom(theres a few other little steps), and then install coilovers, the coilovers are all one unit not separate pieces like lowering springs and struts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast