The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: getting rid of the 8g wheel gap

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 41
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    My mom had a boyfriend with a chevelle who put a bigger tire in the rear and she said he raised the rear.

from the one install i have done i would say so, as you dont have to compress any springs or seat the spring, all you have to do is unbolt the three bolts on the top(for the front) the two from the bottom(theres a few other little steps), and then install coilovers, the coilovers are all one unit not separate pieces like lowering springs and struts.
    Well that sounds good to me, what tools are required to actually adjust them? and whats a good kit thats not to much money?

they come with the spanner wrenches to adjust the height on them, the dampering is a twist knob. but to install them you need like a 14mm to 24mm just for the different sizes, bu there arent that many bolts

Seems easy enough, im assuming they work with the stock strut, and im looking at a skunk2 kit for 150 on ebay is that any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Skunk...Q5fAccessories

no no no no do not get those, they are complete garbage do not get those. those arent true coilovers they are coil sleeves. if you want a budget go for either d2 coilovers or meagan coil overs they usually run under $950 shipped, the k_sports and tein basics run about $1200 the tein ss'p run about 2000. a coil over is a single unit all one part, there is no buying struts and springs, its all one peice.

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    no no no no do not get those, they are complete garbage do not get those. those arent true coilovers they are coil sleeves. if you want a budget go for either d2 coilovers or meagan coil overs they usually run under $950 shipped, the k_sports and tein basics run about $1200 the tein ss'p run about 2000. a coil over is a single unit all one part, there is no buying struts and springs, its all one peice.
    You can get KSports and Basics for a bit less than 1k....

and SS-P's for about 1500

JIC's and KW's live in the 2k realm

ah okay, i have really shopped them around i always say the ksports in 1200 range, but i havent really priced shopped as i am looking at a different set of coilovers

ehh...the misleadings of a noob on ebay lol. anyway, 1500 is about my limit but it seems important so cant skimp on that.

1500 limt for lowering or your entire suspension?? cause with lowering polyurathane bushings are recomened, new sway bar endlinks, and sway bar bushings. you could even get e bigger sway bar for the ultimate performance setup

well 1500 for the coilovers. Im gonna have about 5 to 6k to use just on my car when i get back from basic. I mean my thing is, i know very little about suspension so im hoping to get some of the guys from tgc down here to help me with it.

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
    well 1500 for the coilovers. Im gonna have about 5 to 6k to use just on my car when i get back from basic. I mean my thing is, i know very little about suspension so im hoping to get some of the guys from tgc down here to help me with it.
    I've heard GREAT things about the K-Sports...and while the Teins are considered one of the better for our cars...Tein doesn't even offer us their nice coilovers.

I say go with the K-Sports, I'll see if I can find where I found them for cheap

then i agree with cody go for the k-sports. you may even have enough left over to get the polyurethane bushing kit for the car.

I myself am going for the d2.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Skunk2 is for like Hondas n Acuras lol.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

or elcheapo parts for other platforms hahah

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    Skunk2 is for like Hondas n Acuras lol.
    I agree 100%. They make AWESOME full coil-overs for Honda/Acura. But for some reason their applications for other cars seem to suck

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

You can get D2's for like $830 shipped: http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/cart.php

4g64T 5spd

or you can get D2 from kalvinsaid for $700, Hes been trying to sell them since august... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=42677

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

shhh dont tell him that, when i get the money i was going to buy them from him ahahaha

my bad lol...

im just messing around haha, though i would like to get them if i had the money

i use Jedi mind trick, "You will buy them from internet, the weaksauce page" (waves hand with two fingers out) ha ha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast