The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 02 galant v6 trans problem code p0733

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

02 galant v6 trans problem code p0733

ok i have a 02 v6 galant i had problems wit the trans when i got it goin into safe mode, i had a junk yard trans put in and it threw a output speed sensor code so i replaced it, now its throwin a p0733 code and it shifts 1,2,3 than stays in 3rd (limp mode ect), is there anything i can check or do??? im so fed up with this car lol
    thanks in advance, i no im new here just heard this was a good forum :)

That's an incorrect 3rd gear ratio code,weird.Was the junkyard tranny out of a 4-cyl car?Not sure why else the gear ratio would be different.

na it was outta a v6 and i no what the code means just dont no y or if theres something i can try, a trans shop told me the trans is prob bad, the trans shifts 1st 2nd 3nd and a few seconds later does a little jerk and stays in limp mode, i can turn the car off than it will repeat the same thing

Sounds like 3rd is burned up.It shifts into 3rd,starts slipping which is sensed by the input and output sensors and is seen as incorrect gear ratio.

yea i dont no cause it goes into third smooth as hell, and if i dont let it go into 3rd it will automaticly go into it after a few sec

this happened to me and i replaced the shift solenoid. now it shifts perfectly, if not, smoother.
    1999 North Star White V6 8G
    2003 Yamaha R6
    2008 Lancer Evolution X

The Original FACTION from the BGR Days
    First Founder of TGC Florida 2002-2005