The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What can be done with this engine? Any suggestions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 45
    yeah Cali is one of the worst....not so much with ride height but emissions shit. Intakes, exhaust, boost all a problem. Down south like texas, florida etc...they dont have shit to deal with

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

lol some states... do lol but GA dont give a FUCK... cali is stricked as fuck... but no i think cause they have alot more hills an shit etc an seeing we are USA they make ecomonical cars for use lol..... i say find the engine swap it to one of ours lol.... i want a RHD =) send me urs man ill send u mines lol

@evil-g-nius and justin:

aiight. here in the Philippines, you can do pretty much anythn you want with your car. There are no existing laws prohibiting car mods. If your overspeeding, they dont dare to run after you cause of the traffic po-po's stock cars except for is this place here called San Juan City where the police cars are customized. from intakes, chips, exhaust etc.... is support for the city's campaign against street racing. The city really spent money for those rides even the cops went on a crash course on how to use those toys. hahaha.
    Relax...

oh yeah and i forgot to mention, they even even NOS Equipped. hahaha

check this out...

you can see more if you google photos San juan city philippines police cars hehehe...
    Relax...

Oh shit! LOL Is that a Corolla?

Quote Originally Posted by MitsuboiVRV6 View Post
    hmm.. maybe because of existing restrictions I guess? I heard that some states in America even prohibit car mods like lowering ride heights and stuff... I dnt know if that's true tho... is it?
    Yeah i think in cali. I saw a video somewhere on a tv show where the cops tried to bust guys for street racing but instead ticketed them for being too low, and intakes and all
    -Andrew

Germany has some hot cop cars. No ricer stuff for them; I got pulled over for speeding on the autobahn by a cop driving a Porche 911.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    Oh shit! LOL Is that a Corolla?
    yeah its a corolla altis hahaha
    Relax...

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    Yeah i think in cali. I saw a video somewhere on a tv show where the cops tried to bust guys for street racing but instead ticketed them for being too low, and intakes and all

yup... I think they have standards for cars... maybe safety concerns and stuff... oh well what can we do,.. the law is the law... :)
    Relax...

Quote Originally Posted by eksz View Post
    Germany has some hot cop cars. No ricer stuff for them; I got pulled over for speeding on the autobahn by a cop driving a Porche 911.

911?...Wow... plus points for the German police.
    Relax...

how u get pulled over on the autobon???? thought there was no speedlimits on that thing? an pff to the toyota why all SouthEast asian contries use toyota alot from Taxis to everything lol... i know in Thailand the cops are crazy they dont car them fucks dont even use the Lines on the Highway lol i was stuck in traffic an they was using the shoulders for lans lol... cops dont car there.... i seen so many bike crashes there its crazy i even drive mines lol............ o BTW... we have stupid cop cars here in GA chargers Camaros Mustanges i seen a cerrvett i seen SUVs trucks... one car i saw amazded me besides the AWD TURBOED Tarus... was this cop works for Deparetment of safty with a STi.. lol... i saw him in the HOV lane was like i wanta try um then saw the goverment plates an then the side was like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFF down shift lol...

Autobahn has a number of speed enforcement zones. You generally find them when you get close to a city but I got pulled over in an area without a speed limit. I was doing something like 70 mph while driving a bus for for our Nijmegen march team (annual military 100 mile volksmarch ). I didn't know that larger commercial vehilces (buses, semi-trucks, etc) were limited to 50 MPH. Cop was cool, said not to worry, the ticket would only be $300-$400. I never did get that ticket which was even cooler.

Autobahn is something else. Late one night I headed south to go skiing. I am motoring along at 120 MPH. No one else on the road. See a little pin prick of light way back behind me in the rear view mirrow. In seconds I am flooded by light and this big Mercedes sedan passes me like I am sitting still. He had to be 150+ MPH. It a few more seconds the tail lights are fading away to nothing. Had the same thing happen with a Porche but you kind of expect that of a Porche. The autobahn can get so congested at times that it turns into a parking lot. Entire states go on vacation (all at the same time) and it seems like everyone gets on the road to go somewhere. When this happens you get traffic jams that last for hours. Its called a stau which is German for congestion or jam. I got caught in one once and the people in the car in front of me popped their trunk, pulled out a folding picnic table and had lunch right there on the autobahn.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

ooohhhh just great! this happened a last night as i was driving out of the parking lot! ARGH!!!!!!

lower ball joint gave way. and it gave my fender a big dent!!! hassle!!! hassle!!! hassle!!!
    Relax...

My mom was born an grew up in Germany... I'm German Irish Italian yugaslavian Thai Chinese lol.... I wanta go germnay so bad :-( an dude WTF u making want ur vr4 front lol... Fogs is what keeping me away lol...

hey, we got the same car and engine. DON'T SWAP the NA 6A12, there are a lot of things that can be done with it. Sadly, there are not so many aftermarket parts for it in the Phils. My harnesses got burned and I have to order from Malaysia. They use the same engine there on the Perdana (still a Galant, but made by Proton). Hopefully the Harnesses will arrive this week. Once it's up and running, I plan to do some minor changes... CAI, big fat cable plugs, and maybe replace the the Crank Pulley and 4 Cam pulleys with lightened adjustable ones(if I still got enough cash). Future DREAMS include Twin turbos, and if I can find one, a Mivec Head swap. That's gonna cost a lot considering everything's gotta be imported... damn.

I think they use the same engine in the US for the FTO... but not for the USDM Galants.

That would be false...only cuz we dont have the FTO. We have what everyone calls the GTO (3000GT) but thats it. Mitsubishi is just fucking retarded in the states. If they got their heads out of their asses we could have a great line up of cars here instead of the poor excuses we actually do have...and FUCK THE EVO! yeah I said it

wow evil i do agree with the line up issues but fuck the evo,thats is a little harsh
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    there was 1 FTO i saw in the states, it was supposed to come here. i was 9 at the time. it was 5 speed LHD and sitting in the parking lot of a local park and it said prototype where the mitsubishi badge usually is. i saw this back in 1999 and you dont forget seeing a car like that. it was white, spoiler and i asked my mom what it was and she said she didnt know but it had a mitsu emblem.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

yup, they used that on the GTO too. I thought the US had the FTO... oh well. I'd still go with VR4 over EVO... it's just got more class! lol

single 60 mm turbo, rebuild the engine from the ground up, push about 19lbs and be happy.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast