The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New coilovers for our platform 8G

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 42

New coilovers for our platform 8G

So I know a lot of you guys are content with the off the shelf coilovers available, and for most of us, they work great, but I've been wanting more, better support, better selection of spring rates, and best of all someone that stands by their product 10000000%. This is where AMR engineering came in, they are local to me, currently moving back from Seattle to Vancouver, and they build "custom" coilovers. B whatever your suspension setup, they'll make it for you. However, they also make a ton of coils for popular platforms. Well, until this point, he had only made coilovers for 2G DSMs and JDM and EUDM 8g galants, perfect for you 7G guys, but nothing for the USDM 8G.

I approached andy about coils for the USDM 8G/3G clipse, and he seemed excited to start a new platform. His coilovers are made to order, so nothing starts until you contact him and get the ball rolling, almost all the work is done in house other than the springs, which are hyperco, and the best part is, he makes the shock bodies the same size so that you can swap front/rear springs at your leisure. Everything is covered by the warranty, leaky dampers, snapped springs, anything, and he is fast in his response and in 2 minutes on the phone you will have mad respect for the man. Long story short, I've ordered a set of coils with 9K front 10K rear springs, just gave him an old front strut to start designing them, and I'll be getting them mid january. Now the only "downfall" is that the dampning is "only"8 way adjustable on these, but honestly I know I won't need any more than that. Also, replacement springs can be purchased anytime from him @ cost, so 100 bucks for new spring rates on an axle is a pretty damn good deal.

Anyway, now price, is more than your typical off the shelve, but still cheaper than teins not to mention you never have to pay to get them rebuilt. My coils are 1690, and I paid half up front, and half llater. Since I provided him with a strut, he is knocking 50 bucks off the price for me as well so total comes to 1640. Now I'm not advertising for him, I'm just showing your guys a new option, I'm really impressed with his work on all the other platforms, I can't wait to get mine. The turn around time is a bit long, especially in the winter because all the racers order now to get them before the season starts, but I feel like it'll be well worth it. If you don't know the spring rates you want, he can help determine them for you by asking you about your current suspension mods, sway bars etc, what your vehicle is, and what your intended purpose is for car, also, he then takes into account vehicle weight distribution among other factors. he than matches the dampning range to your spring rates, and gives you some room to go up or down in spring rates in the future without revalving, for example I can run up to a 10.5K up front on my dampers or 12K in the rear if I choose in the future.

I'll be sure to do a full write up after I get them, just couldn't contain my excitement any longer. Here is the website, check out the pictures, they speak for themselves, I also love the way in which the the height is adjustable, instead of of having the crappy rings to tighten down with a spanner wrench and hope it stays, he has rings that are clamped together with allen head bolts for a more secure hold. Again, sorry for the book, I'm just excited Smiley Smiley Smiley

http://www.amrengineering.com/
    Last edited by greddy; 09-28-2011 at 01:06 AM
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Experienced TGC Member
    Wow Im not gonna attempt to read that.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    Wow Im not gonna attempt to read that.
    lol surprisingly I got through the entire thing. You should break it up into paragraphs Greddy.

And nice getting something new started

lol jk. This sounds like 1 hell of a deal, and I would definitely go for them if my car had more performance engine wise. Plus Im happy with my current TEIN/AGX Combo. The ride feeels goodman

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Read it, nice, warranty seems the best thing, the only thing that kills me is the shipping to the island, good luck.

4g64T 5spd

lol didnt even bother reading and skipped right through the site at the end. xD

-RON

sounds good to me. ill keep an eye on this.

-RON

Hey Greddy.......would we be able to run factory spring rates on these dampers to enjoy a comfortable lowered stop and go traffic ride. or would those rates mess up the dampers.

I'm sure you can because he tailors the dampning to your spring rates

9g support?
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Yikes!!! Have you seen the prices...almost $2,000 bucks

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Yikes!!! Have you seen the prices...almost $2,000 bucks
    $2000 is how much JIC MAGIC FLT-A2 installed and tuned from RRE costs (http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/3gjicinfo.htm); $1700 raw, $1800 pre-setup, $2000 installed and tuned. so $1690 is not surprising as the AMR's are basically custom; actually that's a good price for what they are. for reference, my TEIN SS-P's were around $1500 installed/adjusted/aligned (not sure how much i paid just for the TEIN's since i had a bunch of stuff done at once). what were u expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Its Reu View Post
    9g support?
    Give him a call he can make it

what are our factory spring rates

Holy crap Almost 2000 bucks,with that money I could get a evo head installed and running

umm, how is 1690 almost 2000 bucks, thats a 300 dollar difference. Different strokes for different folks I guess, all I know is an evo head won't have a lifetime warranty lol

Quote Originally Posted by Malcriaoxx View Post
    Holy crap Almost 2000 bucks,with that money I could get a evo head installed and running
    LOL ROFLOL then youll still need to upgrade your suspension and rotors if you wanna be able to properly handle the new power/torque output. If your doing a proper evo head swap/build then that means your going for power. if your going for power then your gonna need proper response/handling/braking. UNLESS you LIKE uncontrolled sliding into solid objects like , trees, cars, houses, buildings, people, gnomes...........

^^rofl gnomes

blue8g
    1700 is a great price for high quality coil-overs, like Reelax pointed out.

If I still had my G....I'd be saving right now

Quote Originally Posted by Malcriaoxx View Post
    so?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast