The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New coilovers for our platform 8G

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 42
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    ^^rofl gnomes
    x2...............so the 2g setup that they already have in production should fit the 7g no problem
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

damn greddy i wish i was rich like you :D haha
    you should lemme get your old ones.

I'm not rich I just manage my.funds well always selling stuff lol ill sell you my old ones pm me
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by Predat-R View Post
    x2...............so the 2g setup that they already have in production should fit the 7g no problem
    Should just give him a call and ask

So a quick update, went up to the shop today, Andy is a really standup, great guy, his machine shop is literally across the street from the workshop so I saw that, saw his Civic Si that was @ SEMA in 2001, this guy is legit. We test fitted my coilovers, they have to adjust the sway bar endlink bracket but other than that they should be good, can't wait to go get them cornerbalanced

Greddy, in your opinion, is this setup necessary for a guy like me that wants no more than a 1.5" drop but wants quality and room for 18x8" rims? I don't mind shelling out for quality, but I just wonder if D2's are sufficient for me as I just use my car as a daily driver on highways, don't traverse the city much anymore.

I asked Greddy, but anyone with knowledge is welcome to answer, as always!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

For your needs I'd just go spring and shock

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    For your needs I'd just go spring and shock
    Will those 8" rims fit though? I would like to do AGX's and springs, but i'm not sure it'll fit with my +51 mm offset.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Will those 8" rims fit though? I would like to do AGX's and springs, but i'm not sure it'll fit with my +51 mm offset.

Spacers! They'll solve all your problems..the hub bore, potential rubbing

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    Spacers! They'll solve all your problems..the hub bore, potential rubbing
    Well, you know I need those, so yeah!!!

-Greg

^ yeah man, what Cody said is right, I'd go springs shocks spacers, if you really want coils, these are worth it simply because of the warranty, not to mention they use springs that actually have spring rates that match the valving of the damper, as opposed to the entry level coils. Also, the quality of the machine work is superior to any of the other coilovers available, everything is so smooth without any of those little ridges that you see on all other coilovers. I'll take a camera with me next time I'm there and I'll take a picture of the megans next to the AMRs and you'll see what I'm talking about when I say machine quality. Not to mention the rubber portions of the coilover are sourced from the same company that does rubber bushings and inserts for Bilstein.
    Last edited by greddy; 09-28-2011 at 01:04 AM

Coils are almost done!!!
    Last edited by greddy; 09-28-2011 at 01:02 AM

Got them installed, Andy made me some custom front adjustable endlinks, took us 8 hours to get old coils off, add a rear camber kit, install the new coils, retap about 3 holes, replace countless snapped hardend bolts that had rusted themselves into becoming one with the suspension arms lol, corner balanced the car, set a rudimentary alignment All that's left is to replace a bushing in the rear, tweak the ride height and do a final alignment.
    Very long night, but super productive, as far as the coils go, AMAZING. So smooth! on full soft, it feels like a luxury car. Middle stiffness setting, it's perfect for track days, and this is with 8K 10K spring rates, I couldn't be more happy. Blows any coilover I've ever ridden on in any car other than maybe a set of Ohlins in terms of ride quality while simultaneously providing way better handling than the megans ever did. I LOVE THEM and would strongly recommend them to any 8G/3G owner.
    Last edited by greddy; 09-28-2011 at 01:04 AM

I applaud you for taking on all that in one night. I would have been raging with even 2 snapped bolts.

Turns out that in my prototype set andy used a shock tube for a wishbone suspension car which doesn't see as much lateral stress as a mac strut car like the galant and thus much thinner than the one I needed. Long story short, I managed to bend the passenger side quite badly due to the strain of tracking. Called Andy at 9 that night, told him what happened. He told me to come by the next morning. I showed up at AMR the next morning to find two brand new front dampers with much thicker rods, free of charge because of that lifetime warranty. Apparently I'm the first shock failure in 8 years and that was because I was still on the prototypes which had a more fragile rod design. Car is back together and perfect now, couldn't be happier, much love to AMR for their excellent customer service, here's some photos.

^ that warranty is super badass man! Congrats on being the first haha
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

They're who I'm getting my coils from. And when I get my Diamante, and I want to drop it, I'll ask them about that. That's how impressed I am with them thus far.

-Greg

just out of curiousity, how many more 8g/3g has he sold since you first got your prototype?

He told me today I'm still the only person to buy a set. Let's be completely honest, most people with 8Gs don't want to drop this much on suspension because they dont care about performance, they want the look. I think I'm gonna upgrade to a set of double/triple adjustables in 2 years or so with remote reservoirs depending on how long I keep the galant.

How much does one drop on a set of AMRs?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast