The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need help with exhaust

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    jost1777

need help with exhaust

I have a galant ralliart and my cat is done so I'm gonna replace the whole exhaust. I've been talking to some eclipse guys about headers and got that info. But they couldn't help me further. My question is about the exhaust. I'm planning on getting a cat back for an eclipse. Is it safe to say that the eclipse exhaust will be shorter? What about hanging it? Will I be able to hang it where my current exhaust is? If not how the hell can I hang it? I'm planning to do this on my own so all help is aprreciated. Thank you.

Why dont you get the eclipse header, and get the galant cat back??

jost1777
    There is no galant cat back!! Unless you can enlighten me. Please help!! Lol. That would make the job much easier but I've had no luck finding a galant cat back.

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Actually they do make cat backs for the 9G check ebay
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

jost1777
    Haven't had any luck. I'm gonna check eBay now but that's all you're giving me?? Any brands??

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=43383
    this thread was two below yours, i think inividia makes one for it too, i couldnt really tell you i own a 8g.

I tried doing a qucik search an there isnt one that comes up, off the bat

i am sure they could help you better here
    http://www.club9g.net/forums/forum.php

jost1777
    Yeah no luck on eBay. I never checked it cause that's not the first place I look to get aftermarket parts. So my question still stands. When I get the eclipse cat back how will I hang it?

jost1777
    That thread you refered to only talks about which exhaust to get. That's not my problem. I want to know about installation cause I'm gonna do it myself. I read on another thread that it needs to be extended 10 inches. But still how would I hang the rest of the pipes if its made for the eclipse.

Club9g has people with the same exact car, search there and ask there you will get more response then here.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ght=9g+exhaust

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ght=9g+exhaust
    Read what i just posted and use the search on the forum. You can always make custom hangers

jost1777
    Yeah it seems like that's what I'm gonna do. Still how am I going to hang it on my own. And club9g is empty. And no one responds.

if you are worried about that get the magnaflow or greddy exhuast, it bolts right up

jost1777
    I'm actually gonna go with the magnaflow. So it bolts up well to the galant? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to extend it. Have you or anyone have any experience with this one in terms of bolting on not power or sound.

go for the magnaflow that is meant for the galant, that one should bolt up

go for the Magnaflow Exhaust that is meant for the galant, that one should bolt up
    Thanks for this. Looking for this piece of info.
    Last edited by ValiantGalant; 12-03-2010 at 10:42 PM
    I wanna be a Billionaire... so freakin' bad...

jost1777
    I might change my mind about the magnaflow. Unless they can just sell me the muffler alone. Decided not to go with a cat back. Just headers, high flow cat, and muffler at the end.