The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Radio reads "off"

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Radio reads "off"

I have an eighth gen galant, and this is my first car. My radio reads 'off' because I lost the code and tried to randomly put in numbers without realizing it locks you out after 3 failed attempts. I have two questions:

1. What do I need to do to so the radio will let me input the code
    2. I have the serial and part numbers for the radio, how can I get the code from these numbers?

Sorry about sounding like a newbie, but it is what it is :X

Any help would be much appreciated.

take it to the dealer and they can look it up for you, I would call them first because some may even give you teh code over the phone.

ok, but do you have any idea how i could get my radio to stop reading 'off' without taking it to a dealer? I've heard that some people were being charged for it.
    btw, thanks for the response

Just leave it on for I believe an hour. Then after you get the code from the dealer enter it correctly. They should give it to you no problem unless they're dickheads.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

Disconnect your car battery (negative terminal) for about 10 minutes and then connect it back, it should reset and allow you to enter more codes for the radio.

Also, if you go to the dealer, they will ask you for the radio serial number and might sometimes ask you for your registration to make sure you own the car.

i called mistubishi USA, and they asked for the vin and they gave me the code.

krazy3
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    i called mistubishi USA, and they asked for the vin and they gave me the code.
    What phone number did you use for that?

I'm having the same problem with my sons. We bought the car used and the battery died and he tried 3 random sets numbers and it locked it up.

yeah dont try random numbers it is a set code, i just called the 800 number, i dont remeber which number it was that was over a year ago

Alright, i tried disconnecting the battery for a good half hour, and that didn't work, but leaving the keys in the ignition (on ACC, not ON) worked (thanks for that Stepsascend). I'll try calling Mitsubishi Monday and if they don't give me the code for some reason, I'll try the dealership.