The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: tires and exhaust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

tires and exhaust

OK as all of you know my tires are shot due to some unknown problem. I'm wanting some opinions on what are good tires that are reasonably priced. I need to know what size I should get for my 17x7.5 wheels. I was thinking 215/40s. I want a slight stretch. So any info will help.

now for the exhaust part. I want some suggestions on a good exhaust setup. I don't want anything really loud. I want it to sound good. I haven't had a muffler for a while due to a block of wood and a deer and I had my stock one put back on recently. I want something that sounds good when I put my foot down and kinda quiet at other times. I want to know what muffler cat headers and resonator to go with?

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

got a carbon exhaust laying around with a silencer if interested, will post pics 2morow
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

I have n1 apexi an it's a MONSTER lol.. Tires idk what's mines but I have 205/40/17s look lil Ok just not small to do a stretch almost looks it....

Predat-R: I would like to see some pics the only problem is that I don't have any money right now.

justin:is the apex loud?

If your like me and drive your car year round even in snow and rain i would go with these.

BFGoodrich super sport A/S
    My size is 215-45-17 on a 17x7 rim

now as to why i reccomend. they are fairly priced, wear quite well. Handle awesomly year round. i love them so much i have 3 sets. i first tried them on my mazda 3, loved them so much when they wore out on the mazda i bought them again for it and bought a set for my galant to replace the federals that scared me.

the galant has put maybe 15-20k on them and they still look relatively new.

the mazda is weird. the stock tires lasted all of 23k and these go about 35-40k on it

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Get a 2.5" cat back from ebay hack the can off the end and have a megnaflow street pro muffler put on and if you are lik me and have no emissions you can run a resenator for a cat delete, when my car was na that setup was beast. Great sound when you got on it but quiet while cruising around so the cops leave you alone

Sent from my Emotionless beast of a Epic using Tapatalk

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

I am a hgue fan of Falkens....great price, excellent handling. I have 215/45 17"s as well but I think next set I am gonna go wider with maybe 225/40. Exhaust....welll take someone elses advice I guess....I have probably the most expensive muffler on the site i'd be willing to bet! LOL I have 2.5" piping with no resonators and a Remus DTM Stlye muffler. Same deal as 306's G....cruising and normal rpm ranges its very quiet and civil, but hittin it in tunnels or getting on the freeway the shit roars!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Hey Predat-R put some pics up brother.

Just out of curiosity, you going turbo bro?

I wish but no. Im not gunna do any big engine mods until my curent engine gives out or I come into some money or a good job.

2.5 A must, Falkens, or BFGoodrich 215/40 Looks awesome to me, nothing less, nothing more, personally *Cough*. I usually go with the first thing that comes to my mind hehe.

I don't know much about mufflers at this point but Magnaflow seems like the cheaper option out of reading for a while.

yeah I hear good things about magnaflows....I been thinking about switching to a Tanabe muffler but....that shit is expensive too! LOL At that I might as well stick with my Remus, I love the sound anyways

I plan on geting every thing I need and having a local shop do all the piping and hanging everything so idk if they will let me do it without a cat or not. I'm not really shure when I'm going to get it all down but I think that I'm guna start buying everything and get it all ready. Does anyone have a pic of a 215 or 205/40 tire on a 7.5" wide wheel?

Would you guys care to post some pics of your mufflers on your car?

if you get 215 (wider is better) go with 45 profiles. It will be a better ride and if you are lowered it will help fill the wheel gap. If you are slammed, then a lower profile would be fine...but i'd say the 45's would be good.

here is mine with 215/45 17"...kinda far pic but you can get an idea

I have a greddy evo 2 muffler with 2.5 piping cat back
    before i was lowered

lowered

When i was all black an banged up :( :) random

Thanks koji464 and Evil-G. Anyone else have any pics of thier mufflers on the cars?

I gotta look...I have a better shot of my muffler for you. That pic was to show you the 45 profile tires

Quote Originally Posted by 98mgalant View Post
    Predat-R: I would like to see some pics the only problem is that I don't have any money right now.

justin:is the apex loud?
    i just realized i have pics of the muffler on my for sale thread for tires if u need to see them
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Tensta
    I've heard good things about the Apexi World Sport. Sounds almost stock at idle and cruising speeds, but has a nice deep tone at WOT. They're pricey though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast