The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 Galant ES 2.4L Fuel Pump

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

2003 Galant ES 2.4L Fuel Pump

Hi I have a question that could probably be answered here... I tried posting on Mitsubishi facebook a week ago but they still haven't responded.

I know that there was a recall for the fuel pump on the 03 Galant. I have a reciept that the past owner had it checked and the mechanic's notes read as "Okay at this time."
    If it is okay on one check, does it ever need to be checked again? And if it does need to be checked again, does a Mitsubishi dealership check it for free since it was a recall?

No one answered, but the answer is it is good forever.

It's supposed to only affect 17K vehicles or so. I don't think they will check it again. Here's the recall information -

Recall Date
    NOV 04, 2003

Model Affected
    2003 MITSUBISHI GALANT

Description
    ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE FUEL RETURN LINE HOSE FITTING ON THE ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP MAY BE RESTRICTED, CAUSING EXCESSIVE FUEL PRESSURE TO BUILD UP IN THE FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM. EXCESSIVE FUEL PRESSURE MAY RESULT IN A LEAK IN THE FUEL RETURN HOSE.

Consequence
    FUEL LEAKAGE IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE COULD RESULT IN A FIRE.

Remedy
    DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE FUEL PUMP PRESSURE. THOSE VEHICLES EXHIBITING HIGHER THAN NORMAL FUEL PUMP PRESSURE WILL RECEIVE FUEL PUMP MODIFICATIONS. THE RECALL BEGAN DECEMBER 3, 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT MITSUBISHI AT 1-800-222-0037 OR MITSUBISHI CARIBBEAN AT 1-800-981-0452.

Potential Units Affected

Notes
    MITSUBISHI MOTORS NORTH AMERICA, INC.