The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: new brake pads and rotors? what are you running?

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

new brake pads and rotors? what are you running?

hey guys, in need of new pads and rotors. just looking to see what everyone is running. ihave an 2001 es galant, so just looking for the front. Im looking into ebc pads and idk about the rotors? Idk if i want slotted or drilled or oem replacement? so what you think guys?

blue8g
    Try Hawk HPS pads....I threw those on my car.....ZERO dust, and much improved stopping over OEM...I'm running drilled Brembo rotors

i am running riconcepts drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads, when cold the cermic pads take some heating up per-se. but once you use them a few times they brake wonderfully, it stops so much better than stock

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    Try Hawk HPS pads....I threw those on my car.....ZERO dust, and much improved stopping over OEM...I'm running drilled Brembo rotors
    idk about all that...i had them they squeel to no end...and dust alot but i'll agree they do stop better...i've seen my same feedback on several boards

Shoot i got a set of d/s rotors + ceramic pads off of eBay for around $110 shipped, and they work great... My buddy runs the same set up on his tercel (of which he AXes)

...Great stopping power over OEM and better looking too ;]
    -Andrew

I've got a set of Powerslot rotors and ceramic pads of the from of my Galant, and it stops excellent. Can't say I'm a fan of the Hawk HPS pads. I run them front and rear on my DSM with Brembo rotors, and even bedded in correctly, I've never been satisfied with the way the car stops.
    2003 Dover White Mitsubishi Galant ES

1997 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    idk about all that...i had them they squeel to no end...and dust alot but i'll agree they do stop better...i've seen my same feedback on several boards
    For real? Me and another both have HPS and no dust?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I got duralast rotors n duralast gold pads all around. N/A rear disks ftw!

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    R1 rotors Love em to death :)
    03 I4

i have the hawk pads with the powerslot rotors. the hawk pads are awesome, once they are warmed up. sure, they dust a little bit, and they make some noise but thats a small price to pay for performance.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

r1concepts premium rotors and Akebono pads, great performance, no dust and lasts for at least 50K miles.

r1concepts slotted rotors, ceramic pads for the winter. Going to upgrade for early summer 2011.
    Evo 9 Brembos calipers
    R1concept power slotted rotors
    Hawk HPS pads "ferro carbon, metallic"

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

thanks guys for the feedback, still debating but the r1 rotors look good. still looking into pads.

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Brembo rotors and EBC green stuff pads. Squeel like hell when cold or wet............lol

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

When I was close to stock, I had brembo, non-slotted rotors and Axis (PBR) ultimate ceramic pads. Awesome stopping power, almost never squeals, but they dust ridiculously. If you like stopping and dont care about dust, go for these.

Brembo slotted with Akebono pads....LOVE EM! very reasonable as well

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

If you want something reasonably priced with a good reputation, stick to r1concepts. They are a vendor on this forum. Search for r1concepts and pm Steven.