The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HELP dead engine!

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Icon4 HELP dead engine!

i have a 1999 2ltr petrol, was warming the engine after bout 5 min it cut out and would not start, after some argument with the battery charger am fairly sure its not that, poss spark plugs?? how do i check? and is there anything else i can check thats likely to cause this.

engine is cranking over just no sign of spark at all not even a cough.

TGC Regular
    check the disbutor rotor and make sure the disbutor is timed correctly.

is that likely to have changed in the 8-9 months ive had the car? although i have had a belt squeak for like 20-40 seconds when i start the car, or is that unrelated?

cant see what i was expecting distributor to look like is this it?

sorry last car i had was a diesel hilux been years since i had to work on a petrol car

TGC Regular
    no that would be ur abs block. Ur distbutor is connected to ur spark plug wires.

yea that has since occurred to me looks like its hiding under air filter will wait for day light. when i find it what part to i take of and what am i looking for?

TGC Regular
    now I'm confused. Because you postsed in the 6gen section and ur car is an 8th gen. You shouldn't have a distubor. You should coil on plug hybrid . Then I'm not sure because it might be differnet in the states