The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Not too much of a problem but annoying.

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Not too much of a problem but annoying.

Alright, I'm back again with another...well not really a problem (I hate hand-me-downs sometimes)

Well I've been searching, and youtubing strange noises coming from wheel bearing, and suspensions, brakes squealing wierd etc.

But my squealing is strange, its on and off, and can ONLY be heard if the window is down in complete silence when the sound is there it goes from 30-60 30 being annoyingly make you crazy loud which is low, and at 60 its almost scary with how loud it is, it's more constant if anything from going that fast.

It only comes from the drivers side, I know that much, it's random, and it's really annoying when it's there. I'll try to get a clip up tommorow just in case, but I wanna narrow it down as much as possible before I go to my mechanic. Basically it's squeaking. That's all there is to the sound, the faster I go, the more it squeaks, so I'm suspecting the wheels and anything to them, is it just something not tight? Missing lubrication from so much rain lately?

I know for sure it's not the belts, sure they squeal when I first start up for a .5 of a second, but that's normal for untightened new belts. (Just a btw I cut off my tensioner belt because the pulley practically slipt out and started to have the belt burn against my timing belt cover, but that's a whole another story.)

Thanks guys, again >.<

Not much of that makes sense...I have a question though. Is it only when the car is rolling? Did you ever think that it might be the brakes? There is a little metal tab that touches your rotors when the pads are low....like a warning alarm. Its annoying as fuck and could sound like a squeal for a bit then it will sound like scraping after a while. But it kinda fits what you are saying up there....it would get louder the faster you go as well so...Check there too....thats my 2 cents for now until I can figure out what your talking about! LOL

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Hell man, I have listened to all kinds of sounds on youtube etc.

But this sound is different, yes it's only when it's rolling. And coincidentally it hasn't been going on for the past 3 days, strange. But I did notice my 02 sensor going bad due to misfire rofl.

wheels dont squeak. belts do tho.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    is the noise still there if you kill the engine and coast it?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

im here in ewing
    maybe one day ill meet u in lawrence and hear the sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

yeah we need more info, cuz it could be the belts, the brakes like I said, wheel bearings....who knows

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"