The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ok heres another JDM head thread I got questions n looking for answers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 49
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    The relay I have is exactly like the one shown above. I have hi/low h4 bulbs now bi xenon I guess. Ok I'll put it like this. The harness is connected to the driver side h4 plug n is also connected to the battery with a fuse n goes across to the pass side ballast or bulb. If I disconnect the plug the hids won't work. But I still don't understand what's the point of the harness when wiring my JDM.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    The relay I have is exactly like the one shown above. I have hi/low h4 bulbs now bi xenon I guess. Ok I'll put it like this. The harness is connected to the driver side h4 plug n is also connected to the battery with a fuse n goes across to the pass side ballast or bulb. If I disconnect the plug the hids won't work. But I still don't understand what's the point of the harness when wiring my JDM.
    because H4 bulbs are dual filament, regular H4 bulbs turn off the low beam when you turn on the high beams (so that the bulb does not overheat by having both filaments burning at the same time). when u replaced them w/ HI/lo HID, you now have HID low beam and when u go to high beam a secondary bulb is turned on to provide high beam light pattern. now that you are converting to seperate low and high beam, think of it as moving that secondary high beam bulb to another reflector in the headlight housing. the low beam ballast will now simply plug into a h7 capsule and the high beam wires from the bixenon harness go to the H1 bulb in the hi reflector and you should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    because H4 bulbs are dual filament, regular H4 bulbs turn off the low beam when you turn on the high beams (so that the bulb does not overheat by having both filaments burning at the same time). when u replaced them w/ HI/lo HID, you now have HID low beam and when u go to high beam a secondary bulb is turned on to provide high beam light pattern. now that you are converting to seperate low and high beam, think of it as moving that secondary high beam bulb to another reflector in the headlight housing. the low beam ballast will now simply plug into a h7 capsule and the high beam wires from the bixenon harness go to the H1 bulb in the hi reflector and you should be done.
    That's the shit I had my hids installed professionally so I have no idea what they did n how to wire the harness. The place closed down so I can't ask them to do it. Now what's wrong with doing it with the splicing wires n tapping making 3 wires 4? That seems easy.

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

glad they made it there safe man, sucks about the radiator though

That's the shit I had my hids installed professionally so I have no idea what they did n how to wire the harness. The place closed down so I can't ask them to do it. Now what's wrong with doing it with the splicing wires n tapping making 3 wires 4? That seems easy.
    nothing is wrong w/ converting the 3 wire H4 to 4 wires for H7 and H1... that's the way 99% of people that have converted from USDM to JDM headlights have done; but since H4 wiring turns off the low beam when u hit the high beam, you have to do the diode trick or use relays to get the low beam to stay on when you turn on your high beams... otherwise they will alternate when you go from low to hi and vice versa, which makes you lose your low beams when you turn your hi beams. but sine you already have a wiring harness in place, why not just use that since it's better for the ballasts to be fed from a relay harness? wait do u even know what you have on the car currently?

Easiest way to do it is, leave the harness alone, and the ballast. just plug in your new H7 bulbs to your existing ballast, they should be idiot proof to only go one way. for your high beam H1, ground each bulb to the car. you might need some wire and ring terminals. get at least 14 awg wire. and then get a test light and unplug both H4 plugs turn the headlights on and put the high beams on. test the wire that has power, that is our high beam wire. Use one per side. splice your H1 power wire into it, its the one that needs a speaker type of connector and tape it. plug in the H4 to the hid relay and your done.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Easiest way to do it is, leave the harness alone, and the ballast. just plug in your new H7 bulbs to your existing ballast, they should be idiot proof to only go one way. for your high beam H1, ground each bulb to the car. you might need some wire and ring terminals. get at least 14 awg wire. and then get a test light and unplug both H4 plugs turn the headlights on and put the high beams on. test the wire that has power, that is our high beam wire. Use one per side. splice your H1 power wire into it, its the one that needs a speaker type of connector and tape it. plug in the H4 to the hid relay and your done.
    that doesn't solve the H4 low beam / high beam alternately on problem if the harness that is currently in the car is not a bi-xenon harness. again, since H4 is a dual filament bulb, the low beam turns off when the hi beam is activated in order to not overheat the bulb; now that the H4 is essentially being split into 2 bulbs (H7 and H1), you need the low beam to stay on when you turn on the hi beams.

Ok got pics

This is the relay

driverside cut.

passenger side cut.
    The heads are in with just my lows on wiring for the highs need more info. But what I'm thinking is that the 3rd plug which controls the highs on the h4 bulb I would splice that plug to wire up the highs.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

so is that a bi-xenon harness or a single beam harness? it makes a difference because of hi beam functionality (wherw u keep your lkow beams on). read my tutorial again over until it makes sense to you. i don't know how else to explain this more than i have in this thread. i'm telling u exactly the same things multiple ways and i'm running out of ideas on how to communicate it.

so is that a bi-xenon harness or a single beam harness? it makes a difference because of hi beam functionality (wherw u keep your lkow beams on). read my tutorial again over until it makes sense to you. i don't know how else to explain this more than i have in this thread. i'm telling u exactly the same things multiple ways and i'm running out of ideas on how to communicate it.
    Its the bixenon harness it has 3 plugs n I really don't understand the thread with the relays. But I have an idea just not too sure about it. But am I sort of right about that 3rd plug n the highs? My h4s are hi/low beam. N now I have to figure out how to mount the grille lol.
    Last edited by Corey2kG; 12-03-2010 at 09:26 PM

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

that doesn't solve the H4 low beam / high beam alternately on problem if the harness that is currently in the car is not a bi-xenon harness. again, since H4 is a dual filament bulb, the low beam turns off when the hi beam is activated in order to not overheat the bulb; now that the H4 is essentially being split into 2 bulbs (H7 and H1), you need the low beam to stay on when you turn on the hi beams.

Yes, you are right about that, but once the H4 vehicle side harness is plugged in to the H4 bixenon harness and the highs are switch on the lows will remain on, since the bixenon relay uses either lo or hi to trigger the ballasts. If it didn't you would have solenoids activated and HIDS cut off.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 12-03-2010 at 09:47 PM

Its the bixenon harness it has 3 plugs n I really don't understand the thread with the relays. But I have an idea just not too sure about it. But am I sort of right about that 3rd plug n the highs? My h4s are hi/low beam. N now I have to figure out how to mount the grille lol.
    It is the bixenon harness. Just splice your high beam (+) to the factory H4, and ground to chasis, will work just fine. If you don't have wire and connectors it will cost you about 10 bucks art your local autoparts.

Rember plug everything in except the hi beam control on the aftermarket harness and splices your highs. Done.

heres what did on mine, sorry that they are huge

Kind of blurry hard to tell lol.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

lol sorry its from my phone

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It is the bixenon harness. Just splice your high beam (+) to the factory H4, and ground to chasis, will work just fine. If you don't have wire and connectors it will cost you about 10 bucks art your local autoparts.

Rember plug everything in except the hi beam control on the aftermarket harness and splices your highs. Done.
    The wires are already grounded on each side gonna try in the morning.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

The wires are already grounded on each side gonna try in the morning.
    the H1 bulbs themselves have to be grounded...

This is what I did

N this is what I got. Thanks guys.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

glad it worked!

glad it worked!
    Thanks but the relay shit the bed. It bubbled up n burnt fyi it was a 35w relay. N I left the highs running. So I was thinking since it was a 55w bulb it destryed the relay. Is there a relay strong enough so it won't burn out? N if there maybe a parts store I can buy one?

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast