The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Megan Cat-Back Exhaust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

Megan Cat-Back Exhaust

x-mas is coming up and was just wondering if this exhaust is a good one. i was told by a friend that these tend to "fall apart" after a while. so plz let me know if this brand of exhaust is any good. thanks
    2000 G-lant ES

megan exhaust is nice i have had it for a few years and no issues. Sounds nice and fits fine.
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

i love the exhaust nice deep tone, and crackles and pops every now and then. Everyone i know loves the sound of it too, i could not say enough positive things about it. Fitment is great, great materials.

I don't have a catback but I have megans muffler. I love the tone I get from it. I say go ahead with it.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    please ask him how it would "fall apart". im curious

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

everything falls apart with time, its called errosion lol. but i will say that megan makes things that doesn't corrode as fast as other like mom and pop exhaust shops have. i had a muffler installed after a buddy of mine did with the meagan cat back on his(3g eclipse) and mine is pretty much gone from the stock to the muffler, about 2 years... which is bad, and his still looked new until he sold it.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Magnaflow. Great deep tone.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

i've had it for a few years, works great for me

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

They are great.i would def recommend

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    please ask him how it would "fall apart". im curious
    well my friend is kind of an idiot. the ones that you act like your listening to but once you leave their garage you forget everything they say because they know everything and are never wrong. ha but their car is never running correctly. ya know?

and thanks guys. can't wait for tax return!!!
    2000 G-lant ES

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

ok have a question. i have the megan headers on with short ram. thats loud on its own. how much louder is it if i mate their cat back to their headers?

Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    ok have a question. i have the megan headers on with short ram. thats loud on its own. how much louder is it if i mate their cat back to their headers?
    approximately 7-10 db louder

than stock or than just adding headers

I was only kidding. But, im sure the Megan cat-back is a lot louder than stock. and yes you should notice the difference

lol nah you missget me, what im saying is does the catback tone down the increase from the headers or do they add to the volume. i dont have a stock catback now, however my current doesnt have a resonator on it.

the megan system comes with a 16"(approx) resonator. so it would probably be alittle quieter than your setup now.

dose it sound ricey? with no mods just a megan cat back and maybe a sri?

To me personally i dont think so, it has a deep rumble to it, not raspy at all

Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    what car and year do you search to find megan headers to fit our car? Eclipse? But idk what year?
    2000 G-lant ES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast